Thread: electric fuel pump location

victorfb
    i have to run an electric fuel pump since its a gen VI. i have old style russel stainless steel saddle tanks that are bottom fed so i mounted the fuel filter/water seperater on the transum high and just above the stringer. i need to mount the pump but i am running out of transum. i dont want to put it above the hand hole on the jet pump and the other side has the hydrolic pump and banderlog relay switch there. i can move the seperater closer to the tank and put the fuel pump in its place but the lines will be very short, shouldnt be a problem just worried about trying to install them (SS braided). and that also creats a longer stretch for the other tank to reach the filter/seperater. any ideas were to mount the fuel pump? (mallory 110). would mounting it on the rear of the motor be a bad idea? i can definatly see it getting wet if water comes over the transum.

sleekster
    i also have 2 tanks that feed from the top though, i run lines from my tank through filters to a electric switch to control which tank i draw from, then to my holly blue electric fuel pump mounted on my stringer just in front of the back of my motor then to my fuel and water separator then on to the pressure regulator etc. bottom line is the fuel pump gets wet and no problem so far when they are mounted on a car they get wet so thats my logic.

BigBoyToys
    Here's where I mounted mine.
    http://www.pritek.net/bboat/floor.jpg
    I have had no problems with it yet. I have 2 side tanks (each have a separate inline filter) and have them come into 1 between the pump and motor. From there, it goes via a single SS hose to the Water separator/Filter, and then to the fuel pump (Both are mounted on a piece of 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" Rail on the stringer), and then straight up to the pressure regulator. The fuel pump ends up being about 2" above the floor so no water hits it. Rather, no water has hit it yet. If I get water hitting it at that point, I have alot bigger issues than a fuel pump getting wet

BigBoyToys
    Personally, I would not mount an electric Fuel Pump to an engine. Just too much vibration occuring there.

Danhercules
    EERRRRRR,
    Mines is mounted to my head, there are rubber grommets to dampin vibration. 2 Years now, and a sinking, and no probs yet. I have a Holly. My filter/serperator is mounted to my stringer at the transum.