This last weekend I tried to get on the lake, but Havasu Springs and Cattail Cove were full and I didn't fell like driving all the way up to Havasu, so we did the Parker strip. We launched at Bluewater since we were staying there. As I pulled out of the Marina some SOB in a tournament boat pulling a wakeboarder in the no wake zone yells and flips me off. I talked to another boater sitting out in the water and asked him if he saw what happened. He said that some wakeboard outfit made a deal with Bluewater to exhibit and demo wakeboards, and if the person liked it, they could buy it at a discount price and it was okay for the wakeboarders to use the area in front of the beach on the island
Did I miss something? No wake zone means no wake....period. How is it that that rule only applies to some and not others? If they're going to try out wakeboards, they can putt out past the no wake zone just like everyone else and demo them out there.
How is that even enforceable? I wanted to try to get my 6 year old on skis, and thought this would be the perfect time and place since the rules obviously were not being enforced, but my wife told me not to because with our luck, I'd end up getting a ticket and I'd be pissed off all weekend.
What gonig on here?