Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magic OB Cat ?

DogHouse
    Originally posted by kINGPIN
    Thanx for the reply.that is a great looking boat.
    Hey, why did he rebuild the motor in 03?
    Thanks! My enthusiastic friend Roln20s seems to think I should sell my baby (the boat, not the daughter!) and replace it with a Howard Bullet. Can't say it's a bad idea since the insurance situation with cats has me more than a little concerned about what it's going to cost in the future. I'm somewhat interested in doing a Cheetah 29 with two hot small blocks in it. That could be a fun toy for the big lakes and not look too bad to the insurance companies. Bottom line at the moment though is that I really can't decide what I want to do. I'd miss the Magic if I sold it. It is a fun boat and does everything I need it to.
    The engine that originally went in the boat came out of my previous ride (23 Cheetah tunnel) and had some "issues". I sold off most of the parts and built a new motor with new and better components and also added the EFI. It's a very nice piece now. Here's a more recent pic:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ad_004-med.jpg
    -brian

kINGPIN
    Thanx for the reply,how fast does your boat go now?
    And what do you pay for insurance?

roln 20s
    how fast does your boat go now?
    I've been 90 in it...with room to spare!!
    Roln 20s

DogHouse
    Originally posted by kINGPIN
    Thanx for the reply,how fast does your boat go now?
    And what do you pay for insurance?
    With a 28p Bravo I prop and my normal load of junk and a few people in the boat, it'll pull 6100 rpm on a normal hot day and accelerate nicely. That works out to around 90 or so. It rolls onto plane easily and I'm sure will pull a bigger prop, maybe a 30 or 32. I'd like to give that a try, should be good for a few more mph. Without the mufflers it'll pull another 150-200 rpm.
    After getting dropped by Alllstate, I checked around at all the "normal" companies and only found one (American Family) that was willing to write a policy for just over a grand a year. If they drop me then I will be forced to use someone like Ace or Markel, and those policies go for $3k-$4k a year. That's too rich for my blood.
    Originally posted by roln 20s
    Hopefully he will respond shortly with a figure, but as an estimate- I would guess somewhere near the cost of a new one fully loaded with a 496HO.
    So how much is that these day? $80k? Yeah that might work...

TOBTEK
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ad_004-med.jpg
    OH MY GOD!.......trim the tails off those ZIP-TIE's. If Dave saw that he would need a fibulator..hehhehe
    Beautiful boat BTW, That would be hard to let go.

DogHouse
    Originally posted by TOBTEK
    OH MY GOD!.......trim the tails off those ZIP-TIE's. If Dave saw that he would need a fibulator..hehhehe
    LMAO! I figured somebody would notice that!

Reaper1
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by DogHouse
    With a 28p Bravo I prop and my normal load of junk and a few people in the boat, it'll pull 6100 rpm on a normal hot day and accelerate nicely. That works out to around 90 or so. It rolls onto plane easily and I'm sure will pull a bigger prop, maybe a 30 or 32. I'd like to give that a try, should be good for a few more mph. Without the mufflers it'll pull another 150-200 rpm.
    DogHouse - Take off the water ski prop and go run some numbers. I know an open bow that ran 105 with one of Steve's (850) motors.

DogHouse
    Originally posted by Reaper1
    DogHouse - Take off the water ski prop and go run some numbers. I know an open bow that ran 105 with one of Steve's (850) motors.
    28p water ski prop, LOL!
    Does that mean I should take the 400 lbs of skiis, anchors, chairs, shades, tools, ropes, bimini, and other assorted crap out of the boat too?!?! Yeah I know a bigger wheel might help. I don't think it'll ever crack the century though, just doesn't quite have the pop of a good blower motor.

Keith E. Sayre
    90 mph and it starts everytime? sounds like a righteous
    deal to me. and for those that haven't seen it up close,
    it has a very unique open bow. he had them make like huge beds or storage areas or whatever you wish to call them on t he sides of the open bow seats and underneath. pretty good idea in my mind. great use of space otherwise wasted.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    Lake Havasu City
    928-680-1400

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12