Thread: Gears Needed

BLOWNDEAVER
    I am in need of a set of 32 or 33, for a 12 degree box. And a driveshaft 12- 13 inches Please help!!!!!!!!!! NEW PICS WILL BE UP THIS WEEKEND,as soon as i tie up a few loose ends

DUECE'SDAD
    i have a good set of 38%, what do you have? i just put a set of 22% in my sanger shovelnose with about 400hp 454 and am slap the 6000 rev limiter at about 90 im new and dont no any thing about props maybe thats what direction, i have a three blade maybe i should be using a two?? how did you figure out what you needed? what boat do you have and what motor

BLOWNDEAVER
    MY GEAR SELECTION, IS A TOTAL GUESS,OF WHAT SOME GUYS AROUND HERE RUN, I got a blown gas injected 496 in the boat now. I really dont want to turn more than 7200rpm,does your boat have 1 or 1 1/8 shaft , i have a few props. where is mounds for okc? I am installing all lines tommorrow, so maybe it will run next week. What rpm did your boat turn with 38 , keep in touch.

DUECE'SDAD
    mines 1 inch and i have a two blade that i might should try with the 22% do you run a two blade or three, mounds i just south of tulsa about 20miles, not many hydros around this area so no one really to refer to, where do you guys hang out there in okc, iwouldnt mind towing up and racing/hanging with a new bunch i dont have a tach but with the 38 my boat was slow to no launch and topped out around 85 because thats all my motor could pull them, i would say i was turning around 5300 rpm

BLOWNDEAVER
    hey, I got a buddy up here that has a prop that will fit, i will check on size,Most hydro use a 2 blade prop,Most guys out west say it is the only way to go, Normally on any normal weekend we hang at thunderbird lake, but there are some boat races(hillbilly nationals)at fort cobb on sept 11 and 12, thousand foot flag racing, it is only 30 dollar entry,camping,they class boats by equipment not time. I am headed out to the lake ,hollar back c-ya

DUECE'SDAD
    Yeah i talked to an old hydro guy yesterday and he said i need to put a two blade prop but it must be off of a hydro not a flatbottom i have a 10.75x17 and he said that would work but might be a little big what does your friends have around the tulsa area and who are they any help would be appreciated, if i get it whipped i will drag down and hang with you all when do you hang weekends or evening, we hand thursdays at keystone

superdave013
    hey guy, Boatguy222 had a bunch of hydro props for sale. I bet he still has some that could be had right. You should shoot him a pm.

boatguy222
    I have 7 Cleaver props left, I have a couple of 1" and several that are 1 1/8". PM with your needs and we'll get some thing worked out!

BLOWNDEAVER
    bgman203 hooked me up with some gears,still looking for driveshaft, i will have one made itf one does not surface soon. Do not use a rounded ear 2 blade,cleaver only,We will be up to keystone soon