Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battery location in Edge Stealth?

WriedtStuff
    This looks like it is doable....as long as I can find a battery that is short enough to put under the seat....does anyonw know whos boat this is? I would like to ask him/her some questions...(gotta keep politically correct)
    Thanks,
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...right2-med.jpg

565edge
    That is hal's daytona i was refering to.He lives or goes to lake elsinore.You need to mount the foot pedal like mine.Do not buy a stringer mount one.The pedal ends up being too tall.Call lightning or go here www.boatheaders.com you need to mount the pedal like i did in the center sponson.Unchained did the same thing.My set-up was from lightning.Make sure you get a right pedal with a mount with the cable on the left side.The pedal assembly is pretty cheap.He can also fab you up a custom battery box any way you want it.

WriedtStuff
    I agree, if I mount to the stinger...the pedel will be straight in front of the seat and hard to get to.
    After looking at these pics, I think I can fab the battery box.....
    Question:
    On your pedal mount...how did you secure that cable along the inside of the sponson? It's not screwed thru the sponson is it?
    Thanks
    Also any suggestions on where I can buy aluminium angle?

565edge
    I had to through bolt it through the tunnel.I used 2 allen head button head bolts.Button head on the outside.It makes driving the boat very comfortable.

Use a stringer mount foot throttle like this one. Any of the marine companys have them. The foot pedal I have is from Rex.I believe lightning makes the bracket.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...P00756-med.JPG
    Why not mount your battery on top of the tunnel in the back on the passenger side? Just drill 2 holes through the stringer and your done, you can get battery trays anywhere, although that one BBT has for sale is a pretty trick.
    Heres what I did with mine, its rock solid and its easy to make.It has 1/4 " rubber pieces around the batt. for cushion.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...P00820-med.JPG

screamdreambrad
    when mine was a lake boat, it was set up like cs's, pedal and all. brad

WriedtStuff
    CS,
    What is the model number of that battery....it is sitting in it's normal position or on it's side?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123