Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wash tub firepit explosion.

Dr. Eagle
    Maybe it wasn't really a washtub... but a weapon casing found in the desert... ever see Joe Dirt?

RiverToysJas
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    Maybe it wasn't really a washtub... but a weapon casing found in the desert... ever see Joe Dirt?
    LOL! That was a septic tank!
    RTJas

repo man
    the unknown substance is in a ring around the top of the tub it wasn't the coating . the tub is double walled at the top and it was in there ,i only got to look at it after the fact. some one told me some of them can't be used 4 this reason but couldn't tell me what the stuf was.

Ziggy
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    After about an hour, that tub starts to glow and all is right with the world Zig. I think you know what I'm talkin' 'bout!
    Yaw Mon--Irie

repo man
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    Was the tub still in one piece after the explosion? as far as i could tell not a scratch.

Dr. Eagle
    What about the porcelan enamel coating...?

Ziggy
    Originally posted by repo man
    the unknown substance is in a ring around the top of the tub it wasn't the coating . the tub is double walled at the top and it was in there ,i only got to look at it after the fact. some one told me some of them can't be used 4 this reason but couldn't tell me what the stuf was.
    Oh, I know what you're talking about...Mine had like a concrete ring inside the metal casing(centrifugal weighting) at the top edge....I jabbed and beat that crap out of mine, or at least the majority of it. I was just trying to lighten it up

repo man
    Originally posted by Ziggy
    Oh, I know what you're talking about...Mine had like a concrete ring inside the metal casing(centrifugal weighting) at the top edge....I jabbed and beat that crap out of mine, or at least the majority of it. I was just trying to lighten it up that's the shit what the hell is it?

Ziggy
    Originally posted by repo man
    that's the shit what the hell is it?
    It may have been concrete like but I'm not really sure...Possibly plastic concrete....Its used to weight the tub so it spins nicely.
    I could see how the heat would cause it to expand and literally explode out of the few holes it has to escape.

Dr. Eagle
    Virtually any cement or concrete holds a lot of water. Concrete under extreme heat will pop or explode. I saw a bridge pier that was hit by a gasoline tanker and it looked like someone took a jackhammer to the thing... it just explodes. I am sure it is some kind of specialized concrete using sand and plastic or latex modified cement...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast