Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Custom Paint from SKC Customz

stevenskc
    Hi everyone. This is my first post but I know a few of my boats have been on this forum. I just wanted to show off the custom Warlock I just finished painting. Let me know what you think. It'll make its debut on Havasu this weekend. I'm hoping this will set the bar for custom painted boats. Yes, I know its a little on the overkill side, lol. To view more detailed photos check out my website. www.showpaint.com. Thanks for lookinghttp://www.showpaint.com/SKCCUSTOMZ3/Page_604.html

Outnumbered
    Not my taste but the quality of the art looks high-end. Are you a comic book artist? Nice detail in the work.
    OL

Huckleberry
    I have been in love with the Bod II the Bone since I first saw it at the LA Show. This one is a bit radical for my taste, but the quality of work is incredible! What is a ballpark cost for a paint job like these?

stevenskc
    The owner of this boat wanted something extremly loud and radical. Something different that would get everyones attention. He got it. When I put the boat in front of my shop it actually stopped traffic. I've always felt that if you want to get peoples attention, hit them in the face with a shovel, lol. To answer your question, a graphic paint job like this costs $500 a foot. Bob Mays "Bad II The Bone" is actually coming back into the shop for a face lift. He wants to add more graphics too it.

Huckleberry
    Originally posted by stevenskc
    The owner of this boat wanted something extremly loud and radical. Something different that would get everyones attention. He got it. When I put the boat in front of my shop it actually stopped traffic. I've always felt that if you want to get peoples attention, hit them in the face with a shovel, lol. To answer your question, a graphic paint job like this costs $500 a foot. Bob Mays "Bad II The Bone" is actually coming back into the shop for a face lift. He wants to add more graphics too it.
    WOW!!! That's a smokin' price! For those that haven't priced a high quality graphic paint job like these, they can go as high as two or three thousand dollars a running foot. If ya doubt it, drop a call on Mitcher T or TOAD Design. They're awefully "proud" of their work, if ya get my drift.

That Guy
    Well as someone who used Steven at SKC Customz I can't possibly tell you how great the work was, how professional he is and quite frankly, we couldn't be happier. True, he likes to push the envelope, but we wanted something a bit different as well and he did an amazing job. Like someone else on the boards said, as long as the owner likes it then it is a great job. The detail on this boat is amazing. Very cool!! Our SKC boat below...yes we have changed the green trailer...lol
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...l_boat_pic.jpg

stevenskc
    Hey Steve, how you and Denise doing. Thanks for the compliment. Are you going to be here this weekend? I still haven't seen your boat on the water. But then again, you know I don't get out of the shop much. So, the trailer finally drove you nuts, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast