Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cougar MTR

cyclone
    anyone ever seen one with a jet in it? I've seen them with outboards and Bravo drives, but not a jet. I'm curious whether or not a 21 or 22 MTR would run good with a pump pushing it.

1Bahnerjet
    I checked their web site, Jet Drives are not even an Option !
    Which seems kind of Strange...

cyclone
    i looked at the sight and noticed that too. I wonder if anyone has had them do it. I know they've built them with vdrives before but i guess not with a jet?

Jbb
    Cougar Jet... (http://www.***boat.com/classifieds/a...21COUGAR%20MTR)
    2000 21COUGAR MTR
    SHOWROOM CONDITION,STORED INSIDE,FULL FITTED TOW COVER,GAFFRIG GAUGES,COUGAR TRAILER.NEW, 502 CRATE PRO-BUILT SUPERCHARGED MOTOR 750HP,BUILT FOR DEPENDABILITY.LEGEND JET DRIVE,SETBACK,DROOP SNOOT,PLACE DIVERTER,AA IMPELLAR.UNDER 15 HRS ON COMPLETE SETUP,NO EXPENSES SPARED.$32,500 COMPLETE OR W/O MOTOR $24,000.
    Call (425) 210-3942 ext | E-Mail Seller | Listing Date:Jun-12-04

I could've sworn that somebody had an MTR with a jet in it. Seems to me it was somebody from the boards, either RJB (first generation), Banderlog, Jetheaven or here. Either I'm mistaken, or somebody must've rigged their own boat and used a pump in it, or it was some kinda one off custom deal since Cougar doesn't offer it. If my memory is right, I believe the boat was running some very nice speeds.
    Oops just saw Brian's post. Guess they made at least one of em.

1Bahnerjet
    Originally posted by Squirtcha?
    Oops just saw Brian's post. Guess they made at least one of em.
    Nice Boat, came from the "pink" gel coat era...
    oops, just checked the pics. , thats not the Pink & turquoise one

565edge
    Their is a guy at lake naciemento whos name is hippy(nickname).He has a 21 with a jet that runs over 100mph.It has a 540 n/a motor and accelerated pretty dam good.He had cp performance or a shop next to them set it all up.He had a placecraft before this and i think the cougar pulls more mph.His last words to me last year was maybe next year.I was out running my boat trying to lure him out.As soon as i shut my boat off he comes out.My boat would not start after that.Battery and starter took a shit.I cant wait to get up their this year and smoke him.

Infomaniac
    A guy around here had one of the 21 MTR with a jet. Had a Sonny Leonard engine. He traded it in on an HTM. It should be out there somewhere.

565edge
    Was it the same color as the one above.Their is actually 2 of these at naciemento.One guy bought one from a car lot down south that had a motor like your describing.I dont know how it ran though.

flat broke
    Mike,
    Are you looking for a tunnel to replace the Rogers?
    The only problems I could see is that the center pod depth could be different from the OB/IO hulls to the jet ones. Outside of that, I can't really see any issues. Cougar makes a solid hull and it has nice lines.
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast