Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dooley pickup

Whats so special about there pickup that makes it 2 times the price of every other pickup i've seen so far. Any other pickups out there that are reasonibly priced that are shaped and work the same. 80 bucks for a pickup seams a bit high.
    Oh ya, this is for a Mark IV 14 Quart Pan, with dooleys windage tray.

Lightning
    I thought you were talking about trucks for a second there.

Fiat48
    Because it fits their pan and made to work with their pan.

Fiat: well obviously but there are plenty of other companies out there making pans and i dont see them charging 80 bucks for a pickup. Just wondering what is so special about theirs, maybe it's made of titanium

superdave013
    Originally posted by Shaun
    Fiat: well obviously but there are plenty of other companies out there making pans and i dont see them charging 80 bucks for a pickup. Just wondering what is so special about theirs, maybe it's made of titanium
    Maybe a Stef's pan & pick up would be less. lol
    You get what you pay for and the dooley jet boat pan/pick up is made for marine use. It's heavier duty then a street deal. You don't want it breaking off! Also they don't sell as many marine pans as street units. So they cost more due to lower volume.

Fiat48
    If you have a dooley pan, then pay the price and use their pickup. Like I said, it fits. Better than spending hours trying to find something else that does fit. And if you get it wrong you could hurt the motor. Many times (or is that most of the time?) the time spent modifying something else to fit is not worth it.
    Or sell the Dooley pan and buy something else. And then buy the right pickup for that pan.

superdave013: actually i was going to get a stefs pan but i ended up comming accross this pan in a deal. I still may end up going the stefs rought.
    Fiat: i agree, i was just hoping somebody out there might have compared/found a pickup that was exactly the same for the normal pickup price range.

Dooley pickups are heavy duty including a welded bracket that bolts to the main so you don't have to weld them in the pump. The oil pump connection is also centerless ground to size so it doesn't leak or not go in properly. Quality normally has a price.

Bryan Rose
    Originally posted by Shaun
    Fiat: i agree, i was just hoping somebody out there might have compared/found a pickup that was exactly the same for the normal pickup price range.
    Aint nothing normal priced in the marine world
    Bryan

Infomaniac
    They are a beast.
    This is the one for the offshore pan.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...pickup-med.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast