Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I lean sale a vehicle?

copperrat20
    Can anyone help me on this situation? I let a guy park a car in my yard, no writen agreement, just old fashioned $100 handshake. He pays for like 7 months and then quits paying and moved to vegas is what I heard. Hasn't payed or called for 6 months. What do I do?

Essex502
    Originally posted by copperrat20
    Can anyone help me on this situation? I let a guy park a car in my yard, no writen agreement, just old fashioned $100 handshake. He pays for like 7 months and then quits paying and moved to vegas is what I heard. Hasn't payed or called for 6 months. What do I do?
    Move it out of your yard and onto the street. In a few days or weeks the city will take care of it. You might want to send a registered mail to the last known address of the person informing them "if your vehicle isn't removed from my property within..."XX" number of days, I will remove it for you" so something to that effect. If the registered mail is returned as undeliverable. Then move it.

YW82DRM
    According to the DMV you can do a lien sale... What you need to do is call the dmv first.... The only people I know of that can help you is
    I-lien in Shingles Springs, CA
    I am sure if you looked in phone book you be able to find someone in your area that does lien sales and can walk you through step by step.

copperrat20
    Okay - well here is the situation. Someone wants to buy it so I want to lean sale it. But I number 1. don't know his last or current address. and number 2. was told that if I sell it might get in trouble for grand theft or something. It is a brand new street rod project and has never been registered. TCI chassis- RatsGlass 33 body. It has vin numbers but I called them in and it has never been registered. What do I do?

CARGUY
    Shoot me a pm with your fax # and I will fax you a lien processing form from an Auto Clearance company. For minimal $ they will do
    all the DMV B.S. and walk you through the lien process. My company has had to do a few of these and this company works pretty well. Like E502 said depending on how much the
    vehicle is worth will determine what you want to do.

Havasu Hangin'
    How do I lien sale a house?
    I have a $189K judgement against someone's house...should I move it into the street too?

copperrat20
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    I have a $189K judgement against someone's house...should I move it into the street too?
    Now your talking HH! I got a truck we might be able to pull it with!:smilespi:

C-2
    Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
    You can lien sale the house, but only if it will net you some equity after satisfying open encumbrances.
    You need to give me call.

C-2
    copperrat
    Vehicles and even pets are considered personal property in California and you must go thru a notice of abandonment process. It consists of posting the vehicle, publishing a notice of abandonment, and then you can pursue a lien sale, or dispose of the property in a manner you deem fit.
    Google it to verify this info is still acccurate.
    You have to be careful, or it could come back to sting you in the butt. Pushing the car to the street and having it towed - a good idea, but not in this instance since you entered into a contract to store the vehicle.
    I would take CARGUY up on his offer, just be sure to explain all the circumstances to the tow company.

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by copperrat20
    Now your talking HH! I got a truck we might be able to pull it with!:smilespi:
    Cool...and I thought I was never gonna see my money!
    How much can I sell it for on Ebay?
    Originally posted by C-2
    You need to give me call.
    Do you know how to "make them an offer they can't refuse?"
    BTW...BK does not affect this judgement...she already tried.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast