Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Info in paper today regarding boating accident

hd&boatrider
    In the OC Register today there is an article on page 4 of the local section about the accident that killed Jonathan and Jacquel Herbert as well as Ashley Rollins. Grier Rush faces up to 14 years in prison for the Sept 19th crash. He pleaded no contest to criminal charges and they dropped the fleeing the scene of an accident charge via plea bargain.
    Don't know the whole story but I hope he serves all 14 years...probably will serve a lot less.
    Wayne and Jana I agree with your statement in the paper that he did not accept full responsibility for his actions.
    I hope that everything is going as well as could be expected for you under these horrible circumstances.

LHC30Victory
    can you give a link to the article? Would like more info - I don't remember which accident this was.

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by LHC30Victory
    can you give a link to the article? Would like more info - I don't remember which accident this was.
    Here is a link but I think you need to sign up to actually read it...http://ocregister.com/ocr/2004/07/07/sections/local/
    It was the accident last year in Parker that killed the three teenagers I listed above in my earlier post.

dossangers
    I just hope everybody takes a step back and thinks about safety!Me and my family grew up on the water everything i did was about safety. You here about accidents and never think it can happen to you then all of a sudden your life is changed FOREVER!DO NOT DRINK A DROP AND DRIVE A BOAT!!!!!! Its a RULE i adhere to and did jonathan he was a victom of BOATS AND ALCOHOL DONT MIX!! If you think you can drive impaired your WRONG!!! Whatever the outcome in court me and janas hearts are torn out!!!! I dont want to read about anymore boating accidents!!!! If anything comes out of this i hope people think about being responsible for there actions and how much pain you can inflict on somebody im an EXAMPLE. Wayne& Jana Herbert

SILVERWING
    Originally posted by hd&boatrider
    In the OC Register today there is an article on page 4 of the local section about the accident that killed Jonathan and Jacquel Herbert as well as Ashley Rollins. Grier Rush faces up to 14 years in prison for the Sept 19th crash. He pleaded no contest to criminal charges and they dropped the fleeing the scene of an accident charge via plea bargain.
    Don't know the whole story but I hope he serves all 14 years...probably will serve a lot less.
    Wayne and Jana I agree with your statement in the paper that he did not accept full responsibility for his actions.
    I hope that everything is going as well as could be expected for you under these horrible circumstances.
    THE DRIVER THAT WAS KILLED DIDN'T HE HAVE BLOOD ACH LEVEL OF.06 OR I MAY BE WRONG

hd&boatrider
    Originally posted by SILVERWING
    THE DRIVER THAT WAS KILLED DIDN'T HE HAVE BLOOD ACH LEVEL OF.06 OR I MAY BE WRONG
    It did not mention any alcohol involvement in the article.

LHC30Victory
    Dossangers - I have to say that I am embarrassed about not remembering your tragedy and connecting the names of your children to it. Although I/we have not met you or your family, it is clear that all of you are well thought of and respocted by those who have had the pleasure of your company.
    If it matters any, we have taken these incidents to heart and have changed our habits.

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by LHC30Victory
    If it matters any, we have taken these incidents to heart and have changed our habits.
    Sure wish more would I still see a few boaters who continue to down beer like it is water. then take off driving their boat

GASHGAZER
    .06 is more than 0.00!! If any of you carry a breathalizer on your boat (we have it for novelty), at .06 I know I feel quite buzzed an unable to operate the boat... therefor simple rule NO BOTTLE TO THROTTLE!!! My heart goes out to the families of these sad stories, on or off the water.

superdave013
    Let's don't try and guess what Jonathan Herbert was doing (drinking or otherwise). He is gone now and can not tell us the real story.
    Lets just remember this as a terrible accident and try to learn a few things from it.
    Just go back and read Dossanger's (Jonathan's farther) post and take it to heart.
    That could have been any one of us in that boat that day.
    This whole deal just rips me up every time I think about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast