Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: If you could build a 28' cat from scratch...

riverracerx
    I would tell you exactly what I want. Which is unlike anything out there now. But then the builder won't build it and let me have the first one for a nice discount!

Phat Matt
    I would tell you exactly what I want. Which is unlike anything out there now. But then the builder won't build it and let me have the first one for a nice discount!
    This is your chance to be heard.

KROOZIN
    I guess if I were them, I'd take the RC bottom, make it a walk through (big guys don't want to crawl under) so you could use the luxury cat windshields (they look cool). I think the open bow would sell more, plus they already have the RC for the closed deck people. Build in an overhang type swim step, not bolt on.
    I like the hidden bimini and ice chest ideas, maybe a storage compartment with hose by the bow to wash feet off. Bench back seat and 2 buckets, plus front lounges. That's about all you could want
    (oh, and more freeboard than the RC)
    {they could name it their fever model...lol}
    http://eticketboats.com/images/luxury-cat-020.jpg

Havasu47
    Matt, you know my boat. I would have never thought I would have an open bow cat. BUT, now I am really happy I do. There is always someone up front and room for more is nice. I dont like crawling under the dash to get there, but I would never have a walk through for looks and stability.
    As you know twins are great. I am going to upgrade the motors to 540's and do some drive height experimenting. Good stereo, built in ice chests, all I need..... almost.

phebus
    I personally don't like built in ice chests, I hate transfering everything in and out of the boat. What I think works better is dedicated spots for soft sided coolers.
    I also like trash containers on a boat, I hate trash bags out on an expensive boat. Looks ghetto

andy01
    Cat or deck boat? A Cat as a open bow......... is just the number one way to ruin a good boat. If I was building one it would be sleek, fast, great layup for ocean or lake, capped, with great finishing touchs, it would be a 1/4 canopy, with 700 hp a side it would run 130 mph........ hmmmm come to thinking of it I just designed a 30' Skater.......... never mind. But if it had to be single engine then it would be a cross between a F-29 and the new Top Cat closed deck. Would work well with a #6 or arneson and work very well with all the above mentioned stuff. F' storage, I don't need to live the mother f'er I just want to run it.
    Andy

KROOZIN
    Cat or deck boat? A Cat as a open bow......... is just the number one way to ruin a good boat. If I was building one it would be sleek, fast, great layup for ocean or lake, capped, with great finishing touchs, it would be a 1/4 canopy, with 700 hp a side it would run 130 mph........ hmmmm come to thinking of it I just designed a 30' Skater.......... never mind. But if it had to be single engine then it would be a cross between a F-29 and the new Top Cat closed deck. Would work well with a #6 or arneson and work very well with all the above mentioned stuff. F' storage, I don't need to live the mother f'er I just want to run it.
    Andy
    or could be AMT's new one....?

Havasu47
    or could be AMT's new one....?
    Don't you have bacon to fry???

KROOZIN
    Don't you have bacon to fry???
    I wasn't sure if that was you....
    hows it goin Bri? Don't you have a boat to rig?

Havasu47
    I wasn't sure if that was you....
    hows it goin Bri? Don't you have a boat to rig?
    What's up Dan? As a matter of fact I do!!! LMAO
    When are you going to Hav again?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast