Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best marine Vinyl Cleaner ? (not simple green....)

HammerDown
    Originally posted by riverbound
    I have tried everything there is and the magic eraser works wonders.
    It's not to harsh/abrasive on the Vinyl is it? As I just had my seats done last year, I've always use the 303 protectant on them to help stop dry out etc. But would hate to use something to strong on the surface.

bordsmnj
    no, the magic eraser isn't a brasive at all. well maybe as abvresive as say,tissue paper. it's made from some synthetic fine sponge material and gets some micro suction(sp?) going on. when using for the first time just buy every damned box of it in stock. you'll save your self a trip back to the store. also kicks ass on rub rails. better than acetone and won't **** up the gel coat wax job. after hitting the interior with the eraser i go over it with the turtle wax interior stuff. floresent green bottle that says 2001 or 2002 on it.

adsala
    I just tried the magic erasers. Whoooaaa! They work great. Got all the embedded dark dirt out of my light vinyl. Even cleaned up some wierd staining on the gel coat. The erasor does not seem to use any chemicals or detergents. It's just a funny feeling sponge you dip in water.
    I've been trying to keep my boat's vinyl clean for years. Meguires #57 cleaner works great. But the erasers...wow!
    My wife had already been using them in the house. And she kept telling me how good they work. Should of tried them earlier.

Jrocket
    Magic eraser will out do any almost any cleaner out there,and with way less effort.You actually have to try it to beleive it.

cjordan
    BIOKLEEN is the best I've seen and I've tried just about all of them.

INEEDAV
    Not that it is hard to sell me on new things, but I bought on the Magic Eraser sponges. Pretty impressive for a little white sponge that appears to have nothing in it. Cleaned the boat seat right up. Took the grime off the leather on the steering wheel in my truck too. That never budged for anything else I tried.

Jrocket
    Originally posted by INEEDAV
    Not that it is hard to sell me on new things, but I bought on the Magic Eraser sponges. Pretty impressive for a little white sponge that appears to have nothing in it. Cleaned the boat seat right up. Took the grime off the leather on the steering wheel in my truck too. That never budged for anything else I tried.
    I was reluctant to try it at first but after I did.Holy sheet....Nothing else from now on.
    I need to get some comission from Mr Clean,I swear!

boatslayer
    i use protectall and tuff stuff to clean the upolstery

HammerDown
    is in the house.

riverbound
    Originally posted by Jrocket
    I was reluctant to try it at first but after I did.Holy sheet....Nothing else from now on.
    I need to get some comission from Mr Clean,I swear!
    We built a car for him, yes there is a real mr. clean.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast