Hello all
I know the majority of the discussions are related to big blocks with intercoolers/superchargers...etc. But, I'm hoping you may be able to provide some insight/recommendations...for a small block.
I have the following setup:
355 Small Block 4-bolt main
B&M 144 Blower (running max 5psi Boost)
750 Holley
COMP cam Part# 12-402-4
Gross Valve Lift .44 .444
Duration @.050 Intake 212 Exhaust 218
Lobe Lift Intake .2960 Exhaust .2960
Lobe Separation 114
Cast Pistons
Original Heads
Exhaust thru prop
Planned setup:
SuperChiller Intercooler for B&M 144 Blower with a separate water pickup, Sea Strainer and dump.
Changing the pulley's to overdrive the blower
Converting the boat to straight exhaust
Lightening Headers
MSD 6 Series Ignition
Heads/Forged Pistons
I'm not sure which type of heads/pistons to purchase. I've been looking at either the "World S/R Torquer or Sportsman-II" heads. They seem to be identical (2.02x1.60) other than the intake runner volume (170cc or 200cc, respectively). The Sportsman-II heads have optional angled vs. straight plugs, any thoughts which would be better? They also have a few options on the combustion chamber volume. Which leads me to the question of how low is to low for static compression.
The forged pistons I have been looking at are by SpeedPro with 21cc D-shaped - low compression. They state w/std stroke and rod:
64cc head - 8.35:1 compression ratio
76cc head - 7.55:1 compression ratio
I've always heard that a marine engine should be setup to make more torque than HP. So, wasn't sure if restricting the intake runner will help with this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks for all the other help (I read the board and have learned a great deal!)