Originally posted by RiverDave
Hey Hey Hey.... Looks like your starting to speak your mind on these boards.. Glad to see our little talk at the sandbar made some impact.. LOL
You sure?
Actually your slightly mistaken in your statements. As said above Shadow's boat is quite custom. Unique Battery setup, stereo setup, gelcoat etc.. I'm curious as to where I can go down whatever street and buy the same one?
His boat looks exactly like everyone elses? Your making an ass out of yourself becuase anyone that can see the boat in the avatar can tell you that it doesn't look like everyone elses..
Lets take a look at your shit box though. Do you think I could tell it apart from any other low freeboard jetboat?
Did you make anything on it yourself? If so lets see it... Your spouting your mouth pretty hard you better have a pretty nice peace of equipment to back it up.. and it BETTER BE BUILT BY YOU, not just going down the street and paying the experts..
RD
Sorry Davey Boy, but you poped the wrong side on this deal unless you were looking for a ride in a Shadow for the summer. There is a HUUUUUUUUUGE difference between someone who goes down to John and says I'd like a boat with xyz colors, abc power, and oh throw in the flavor of the week stereo; and someone who says, "I'd like a haul ass flat/cruiser/jetboat/whatever" Has a hull laid up (or resurects one from the past) and creates his/her own ride with their own hands.
Sure its an objective issue as the guys with the money will say that their time is more valuable than their money and they can't justify the commitment of their resources (mainly time) to go and rig their own ride. I have no problem with this as it helps the economy and employs riggers at various manufaturers. But a true custom is built the old fashioned way... By the owner.
As for talking out of ones ass, you should be the last one on the boards talking ANY shit on ANYONE's boat. Last time I checked you roll in a 10' outboard with f'd up gel done by a convicted felon (and a shit sorry craftsman at that), rigged with billet parts that were done by buds who owed you or someone else favors, then rigged up by someone else while you sat and held the digital camera taking pictures.
Now does all this mean I'm capping on Shadow's ride? Nope, never seen it, but it sounds cool. Does this mean that factory rigged boats with slick gel and thumpin stereo's are contemptable in my opinion? Absolutely not. Is it a personal attack on you? Nope, just pointing out that your pious posts about other peoples rides are total horse sh*t.
In regard to the gorge... big boat, little boat, it makes no difference. If an ass is at the wheel, sh*t's gonna get ugly sooner or later.
Chris