Now were on to testing drag boats, at the races. This whole debate between Chet and myself all started because we both were suggesting OUR recommendations to a fellow boater who wanted to rebuild his pump, and also wanted a split bowl, and he also didn't want to spend a lot of money. I suggested converting his original Berkeley JC to a JG for $325 and Chet suggested that he not waste his money and go with current technology for 30% more. Then the debate started because I said for the cost difference between the two the performance difference wouldn't be noticiable. Chet begged to differ on my opinion. He stated the Aggressor bowl increases performance in any application. I disagree with that statement and now we are here. Testing 1000+ horse power drag boats to find the (for example) 8 mph better bowl and impeller. RacingRascals boat isn't a drag boat, but is sure has the motor for one. I only suggested to him that we use his boat because, one, it has never been ran yet. Two, it is very easy to swap out bowls and impellers since his pump is set back (unlike mine) If I had a set back pump, I'd use my boat. So lets say the Aggressor bowl and impeller combo run 8mph faster in a 1000+ horse power motor at speeds over 100. What will that do for the boat that does 50, 60, and 70 mph? Thats what I would like to know.
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited January 24, 2002).]