Billy, like I said from the first post, 140+ in a short run, no where near the Kilo that Gordie ran setting the record. I have seen the area, up close and personal, and you my friend were hauling the mail in a very short distance. I think Gordies record is in trouble if APBA goes with the Duff rule change, and Wayne,buddy, you would be surprised at the drivers that will come out of the woodwork IF the rules are changed. Where are they now you may ask, IHBA drag venues are quite different than APBA races where the boats compete on a real circle boat course. No one would expect an immediate full blown class, but if you have a K race within APBA, they will come........Got any shoes in mind for the K50???? That would be just too cool, a full field of NKRA boats setting the standard for the western division. Burley with Ks, what a concept.....Ray
I don't think Gordies record will be broken especially in an open cockpit boat. Running 140 in a short distance is a hole lot easier than running a k boat flat out for well over a mile and then turning around and doing it again! This means you will have to run over 150 mph for 5/8 mile in each direction. Can you say BIG BALLS :220v: . I love speed more then anybody but i don't think I could run a K wide open for that long?
Just my opinion. :argue: