Hey guys, its Wesley from Kachina. I watch these threads on a daily basis and laugh when I read your BS comments about our boats. Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but here it goes. Who cares about a paint job? Our customers have the option of putting whatever they want on thier boats and we are happy to do it for them. Do you get mad at yourself because you have a boat that looks like a thousand other boats out there that I guarantee you overpaid for? Not sure you tell me. As for the Donzi and Fountain thing - the customer has friends that own these boats and he likes to rufffle thier feathers. By the way, this guy can afford to buy any boat he wanted but guess where he decided to go. He is running twin 600SCI's so I guarantee he's no slug in the water! As far as our build qualtiy - I invite anyone on this forum to come to our shop and see first hand how we construct our boats so this BS can come to an end. Since I have worked at Kachina I have also come to realize that the only people that have a problem with Kachina are the people that dont own them and have never probably even ridden in one ( except for Jordy's little buddy). I will challenge the ride and build quality of our boats to any other manufacturer out there!
Wesley:
I would be thrilled to come down to check out your operation and build process! Seriously, I want to have my questions answered. And then we will agree on a statement to put here on the board. I can also bring my Donzi down to go through a comparison. (You have a spot for 46 foot trailer right?) I am serious. I have said all along that a Kachina is a good buy, but please don't compare it to a Donzi, Fountain, Outerlimits, MTI, Formula, Sonic, Sunsation, Eliminator, etc. etc. Because the build is NOT the same. There is a reason for the price difference. Not saying there are good buys and better buys. I am saying you get what you pay for.
This thread was an opinion thread about the paint jobs and why a builder would allow certain things on their boats. Then it got into a quality issue.
I am available tomorrow before lunch. After that I will be out of town but return next Tues and available Wed thru Friday. Please let me know what works for you.
I really am anxious to see this. It will be just me. unless Brian would like to go at the same time.
Thanks for coming on here and expressing yourself. I do hope we can get to the bottom of this once and for all.
Rob