can answer a simple question for me. I am trying to have a house built in the refuge at Havasu.
The problem is that some of the builders are telling me that they need to add about 100K to the price of the house compared to what it would cost if built in the city.
Their main reason for the cost increase is for changing the roof line to meet refuge requirements and added concrete reenforcement. I went and looked at a freshly poured foundation and the concrete was about 8 inches thick and had 1/4 inch re bar ties into a grid at 16 inches.
My guess is the roof line could cost maybe 5k more and 1.5k more for concrete work. Are my numbers incorrect, if so, what should it be.
Also, since the homes are holding a price of about 100k over homes in town, I think that is the real reason for the price increase.
Plus I have looked into all the rumors about the ground and found no factual evidence that the problem exist. I was told that some of the Nationwide homes had/have problems but that was the only builder to have them and it was limited to the first few homes they built. Nationwide is no longer building homes at the Refuge.