Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black history month

Forkin' Crazy
    black illegitimate birth rate of between 60-70% is a NEW thing... as late as the 1920's the black illegitimate birth rate was LOWER than that of whites...
    Well I guess.... but I really don't consider it "new" with 4 generations of "mothers" living within the same household.... and the last three generations all having small illegitimate children.
    But as one said on TV interview, "It is my right to have as many children as I want."
    I guess so, and it is her right to make me pay higher taxes to support her and her generations of chillins....

SmokinLowriderSS
    if it were just one month a year it would be okay... I've been watching cspan and this month it is all about being black or african american or a former slave... blah blah blah... the interesting thing is how things change...
    black illegitimate birth rate of between 60-70% is a NEW thing... as late as the 1920's the black illegitimate birth rate was LOWER than that of whites...
    also, black unemployment for males was on par for whites prior to 1966.... the welfare state has ruined black economics and their families....just like everybody else!
    seems like a lack of negative consequences on a personal level has a rather large negative effect on our nation.... but the government can justify taking over every task.. they want to be your mom and dad and have you run to them for everything.... food, safety, etc...
    Now, 40 years after Johnson's "Great Society" experiment we have "given" the combined assets of all fortune 500 companies to "the poor" and all we have is more of "the poor". I have friends black, white, male and female with "outside" children that are unfathered and barely have a mom.
    The great society has been a great failure. ten years ago we had welfare reform that, in a nutshell, does away with permanent welfare... we shall see if the damage done with this giant income redistribution scheme can be undone.
    what hurts black america hurts all america... black education has been hurt by the federal government worse than if the Klan had run it...we have many proud black educational institutions that were ruined by integration and a government run amock.. only now are they beginning to get back up and realize that integration means they also must compete not just for funds but for students as well...
    one thing is certain... the decendents of black slaves brought to this country in chains are clearly much better off than the "ones that got away" living in endless civil war, poverty with which we have no frame of reference, and a statistically insignificant chance of any improvement.... be black but be american and damned proud of it!
    cue the music...
    Straight shot there Condor. Well said.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Well I guess.... but I really don't consider it "new" with 4 generations of "mothers" living within the same household.... and the last three generations all having small illegitimate children.
    But as one said on TV interview, "It is my right to have as many children as I want."
    I guess so, and it is her right to make me pay higher taxes to support her and her generations of chillins....
    I've seen the same thing from time to time, and sometimes in some surprising places. There is at least 2 black females, early 20's, in my Air Guard unit (my squadron none the less) who want a kid (or 2 or 3) but who do not want a man arround to help them raise the kid. All they want is a sperm donor. The best thing I can do is what I do, silently groan, grit my teeth, hold my tongue, and walk away. 1 of them has a kid, the other is at least currently more interested in finishing her college Criminal Justice degree.

a catered life
    What? African American?
    What are you? African? Or American? Last I checked I was part English and mostly German.... but I don't call myself English-German-American...
    :220v:
    i use that term because i dont consider my self black thats a color not a race and yes if they put the choice of english german american on a questionaire you would mark that one

Forkin' Crazy
    i use that term because i dont consider my self black thats a color not a race and yes if they put the choice of english german american on a questionaire you would mark that one
    But they don't!!!!
    And it use to be black (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=black)... or colored (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=colored)... or Negro (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=negro)...
    Yes, I consider my self white... and if you want to get technical, neither black or white are colors.
    I guess this is also up to your perception as to what you are....
    but....... What if I was from Austraila? Would I be an Australian American? What about an Aborigine? An Aborigine Australian American? LOL!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234