Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: inside house painters..

Pepperkornski
    as most of you know we are in the final stages of out house in Parker.
    I wanted to know from anyone who has painted the inside of the house what you prefer. sprayed or rolled.
    I prefer rolled and was debating wether or not to have our house rolled or sprayed. to me the rolled seems like it would last longer. :idea:
    The type of texture on your walls, will dictate what the painter can get away with.
    If you are going smooth wall or true orange peel, be sure to check the finish under different lighting conditions. Skip Trowel or some sort of knock down finish, are more forgiving and will require less work for the drywall and painting crews and produce an acceptable finish.
    As Nord said, "Roll It!"

suckin&pumpin
    The type of texture on your walls, will dictate what the painter can get away with.
    If you are going smooth wall or true orange pell, be sure to check the finish under different lighting conditions, Skip Trowel or some sort of knock down finish, will require less work for the drywall and painting crews.
    Ps. knock down sux!
    As Nord said, "Roll It!"
    that is EXACTLY right but i would like to add that if you are going smooth or prange peel DO NOT use PVA, try USG first coat or hamiltom prep coat, as a primer then seal and paint, for the extra $$ It is WELL worth it.

Formula Dude
    Use Zinsser 1-2-3 primer, roll or spray. They sell it at home depot in 1 or 5 gallon buckets. Being a new construction, this stuff works great.
    Pratt and Lambert or Benjamin Moore paint cost a little more, but blows the other stuff away. Definitely roll the stuff on.

Pepperkornski
    Use Zinsser 1-2-3 primer, roll or spray. They sell it at home depot in 1 or 5 gallon buckets. Being a new construction, this stuff works great.
    Pratt and Lambert or Benjamin Moore paint cost a little more, but blows the other stuff away. Definitely roll the stuff on.
    If you want to keep it simple, prime with decovel (plenty pva in decovel) and top with suprema, both tinted alike.
    Paints are formulated according to region, what works well in the Oc. does not necessarily work well in Oyama.

plaster dave
    The sprayer puts the paint on the wall and the person with the roller follows behind to allow even coverage. After your painter is complete and the paint is dry Take a halogen light and light up your walls all the imperfections will show.If something shows up and your painter says that the drywall is not right for any reason. Then he should have not painted it. Professionals do not work over mistakes. Most of the time the painter can repaint a wall in no time at all.
    Come on it is Parker you Guys. Not Beverly Hills.
    Tell the painting contractor what you want, if he tells you this is how I do it. Then you tell him I expect it to look like this and last this long. Then let him do it his way and if doesn't come out the way you want it to he can redo it your way for free. I got a good painter I will see if he will go out there.
    P.S. you can always Hardy Back it!!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123