Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Twin Turbo Small block Chevy

BrendellaJet
    You can change impellers, or trim one if its too big. Or just throw more boost at it until you reach the desired RPM.
    When trimming impellers, you decrease the amount of thrust the impeller can generate, but also decrease its mass, allowing more R's.
    Now, where to find some cheap, but quality turbos? Part of this project was to be budget oriented. Spending $500 on each turbo is more than I want to spend, especially considering the motor wont receive a lot of attention. It is fresh and will get forged pistons & and maybe a nice set of rods, and a new cam but those can be had for pretty cheap. I may have to rethink and spend the coin to get a quality set of turbos unless someone has an idea on where to get some for a good price. It looks like the ebay deals are pretty hit or miss. Its the "miss" part that has me worried. I have a paddle in the boat, but I dont want to have to use it.
    My wife is going to kill me if this turns into another project.

GAWnCA
    My wife is going to kill me if this turns into another project.
    Just buy her a new toy that will keep her busy!

Bow Tie Omega
    Just buy her a new toy that will keep her busy!
    COACH...Oh shiot, never mind, one of those bags is as much as a turbo

v-drive
    You can change impellers, or trim one if its too big. Or just throw more boost at it until you reach the desired RPM.
    When trimming impellers, you decrease the amount of thrust the impeller can generate, but also decrease its mass, allowing more R's.
    Now, where to find some cheap, but quality turbos? Part of this project was to be budget oriented. Spending $500 on each turbo is more than I want to spend, especially considering the motor wont receive a lot of attention. It is fresh and will get forged pistons & and maybe a nice set of rods, and a new cam but those can be had for pretty cheap. I may have to rethink and spend the coin to get a quality set of turbos unless someone has an idea on where to get some for a good price. It looks like the ebay deals are pretty hit or miss. Its the "miss" part that has me worried. I have a paddle in the boat, but I dont want to have to use it.My wife is going to kill me if this turns into another project.
    Your wife wouldn't say a word to you about it. She would however put it in her memory bank and use it at a later date. Very smart woman. Now get this thing movin. pop

ck7684
    I was gonna add twin turbos to my '84 vette...had the crossfire injection engine...was gonna piece the setup together from a couple turbos from the chrysler 2.2 turbo motors and other assorted production car parts...never got off the ground though...

GAWnCA
    I was gonna add twin turbos to my '84 vette...had the crossfire injection engine...was gonna piece the setup together from a couple turbos from the chrysler 2.2 turbo motors and other assorted production car parts...never got off the ground though...
    So CK, do you still have the turbos? Where did you get the turbos and at what cost?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345