Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What boat should I consider buying?

ACEB36TC
    Call Kachina in Phoenix. I have had a nice 30 for several years and they recently came out with a thirty foot deck that I saw last week. Very nice. The prices are really sharp and with a 496 you`ll be happy. Of course you can put 900 IN IT AND FLY IF THAT`S WHAT YOU WANT.

Buy a less expensive boat and learn how to use it before you plunk down $85,000 on something you don't know how to drive.
    the used market has a lot of bargains now, you can pick up a smokin deal.
    that way you can learn how to run the craft without crashing into the dock and breaking your new pride and joy. You can figure out what you like doing, whether is rafting up, going fast, skiing, fishing, whatever, THEN buy the right boat.
    Plus there are already enough yahoos out there with big expensive boats who have no clue what they are doing.
    Great advice.

pvhca
    I wouldn't consider any boat larger than 24ft if all your gonna run is a 496. I'd look at the Hallet 240, open or closed. If your on Havasu get at least a 24 with trim tabs and make sure you take a boaters safety course. Buy used there are killer deals to be had out there, if $$$ is no issue than look at the new Hallett 255, Eliminator 25 Daytona or Ultra 26 Shadow but go with the 525, you won't regret that.
    Good Luck!!

You should check out www.traderonline.com boat section , killer deals on 25-28 boats

westair
    Be sure to check the insurance rates before you buy, cats are going to run a little higher.

LB247XS
    WHATS UP OCBOY I WOULD LOOK INTO AN ULTRA 247XS OR THE LIGHTNING
    24XS.WE LOVE OUR ULTRA IT HAS 7.4 mpi STEP BOTTOM WITH TABS,IT RUN CLOSE TO 70mph 66mph ON GPS.WE RUN OURS ON HAVASU AND MEAD AND IT
    HANDLES ANYTHING WE PUT IT THROUGH.AWESOME BOAT.
    SEND ME P.M. IF YOU HAVE ANY?

TCHB
    1. Buy a boat that has a solid reputation over time. This will help when you go to resell.
    2. I would go with conservative colors on the used boat.
    3. Stock engine
    4. At least 24ft
    5. Open Bow

tamalewagon
    Do yourself (and us) a huge favor and take a boat safety class before you hit the water. I agree with Rich about buying yourself a smaller, less expensive starter boat, get experience and then buy your dream boat. Just my .02.

lavey jr
    Mabey look at a Laveycraft. They have a cat, 27' sabre, that will go over 70mph with a 495 HO in it.

Two K's
    ocboy, go check out domn8er boats. I think you will like what you see

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast