Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Exhaust Question

TIMINATOR
    Yours is not the only opinion, neither is mine. My posts are the result of my experiences. I tend not to go off on those who disagree with me, and there are a few of them! I don't believe that I am the only person on these boards that share my experiences with Demons. Read the rest of the posts. Arguing is not my thing. You may have the last word..... TIMINATOR

bp
    tim, i'm just going to ignore you and your continuing mantra that race boat guys don't know anything.
    cool thanks with the Idle ez info. On my experiences with carbs I have always heard BG being better and easier to set up. Honestly being in the BG it seems way better made, like billet metering blocks and everything smooth.
    they are well made, and very easy to set up. many of the holley parts will interchange, like gaskets, jets, bleeds, ifr's, squirters, power valves, fuel pump components, etc. i prefer to use the bg bleeds because the tops are slightly different and they conform to the opening a little better, but i've run holley bleeds without having any performance issues.
    But there is alot to adjust, alittle bit over my head now, coming off with metering rods, diffrent ball game really.People know what they like, some guys are just nuts over Holleys and some have to have blondes.Which is betterI dont know as long as it runs good.
    there are really only a few things that -may- need to be changed from stock configuration. once you get the engine to idle properly as the manual suggests and previously noted, it'll be a piece of cake.
    I know about being frugal on a boat, kind of a temporary thing, moving money so wife doesnt go crazy, basically I know boats are this way and she doesnt grasp it yet........
    when i bought mine several years ago, to replace old 750 holleys that did not have the tunability of a 4150, the choices were holleys or demons. i went with the demons because 1) they were highly recommended by a friend of mine, 2) the mightys had attributes the holleys didn't (socket bowl bolts, bowl glasses, etc.), 3) they were much less expensive, and 4) very few of the other racers were running demons and i like to be a little different. i knew of 2 other racers that had run them out of the box with no problems. with the issues i originally had, we chased the issues like you would with a holley - results were mixed and at the end of it all, the issues would resurface at the least opportune time. again, choices - replace 'em with holleys, or figure out how to tune the demons. i chose the latter, and am perfectly happy i did.

bp
    well I rebuilt it myself, which i have total confidence in my abilty there, just never been good tuning it down. I did search google and found something on a corvette forum tuning a speed demon using a vac gauge, really doesnt give numbers what to look for there. My stupidness did not realize there is an idle screw for the butterflies on both primary and secondary. Also I believe it is newer with the Idle ez screw, what is base adjustment for that? it is mechanical secondaries, which i like, I hate vacuum, never any good luck thanks to all that can help. I which I had the money to through injection on this and be done with it, it seems Chevy SS454 pickup TBI will bolt up and work on a 455 what have been reading, but with the cost i threw into redoing the floor I am trying to be frugal,
    have you had the opportunity to test this thing yet???

squirt'nmyload
    damn bob, you get em!! how ya been buddy?

bp
    damn bob, you get em!! how ya been buddy?
    just fine brian. what happened to your steelers?? shoulda kept faneca, maybe ben woulda had more than half a second against a real defense...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123