Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets Play.....

It kinda looks like a Southwind 18' from the shape of the deck, especially towards the transom. The Southwind's didn't have full length stringers either.
    Whoops, just saw your ID # and info posted above. Tahiti eh?
    [ June 10, 2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

AZKC
    To late I bought it eek! Now its time ta figure out what to do with it Any Chevy mounts and stuff and who's a good Berkley shop Its like a smile_sp bad dream.
    KC

victorfb
    im sure there are some folks on here that know a bit more about Tahiti's. as far as i can remember Tahiti made 3 differant hulls around that time. Yours looks like it has a berkeley JC with the rudder missing. my 74 Tahiti is slightly differant. fuel cell is up front and a bit differant hull. registration calls it a "runabout" ID# TAH2036661173
    ive had great times with it and plan on alot more. and yes it still has the 455 olds (rocket)with log exhaust. flywheel cover plate has a Harmin marine 390HP sticker on it. after replacing the intake with an edelbrock torker, 750 vacume secondary holley (yes a vacume secondary), and some mild porting to the heads, it seems to scoot pretty good. the only thing i am not too happy is that it doesnt have full stringers. but with the original gell still on it and no cracks i guess i cant complain. its a fun boat and not as slow as you might think. i hope you enjoy yours. good luck with the project and please keep us posted.
    P.S. Hey Sleek-jet! i do have an extra set of log manifolds and risers for a 455. but i am in so cal.

dgie
    Tahiti, hu? my Bojo boat looks a lot like it, a little cleaner though. I guess my bojo was copied from that design. they sure look a lot alike.

AZKC
    Victorb, sounds like a good lake/river set up ya got there nothin wrong with Olds they just dont like high rpm unless there tweaked alittle, must be something good about them theres a ton of them still out there on water
    KC

victorfb
    thanks KC. yea, i was thinking of swapping to a BBC a while back, but the olds is doing so good i cant see why i would want to spend that kind of cash now. i freshened up the olds myself and did a bit of polishing to the crank. i also ground all the oil holes in the lifter valley and heads so the oil returns as fast as possible. i didnt know about the restrictors your supposed to install till well after the rebuild. so i didnt even check if any were there. but with the 10 quart dooley pan it seems to have no problem. im actually kinda fond of the old rocket now. i like the fact that its still the original engine and the whole nestalgia of it all. kinda cool still seeing olds out there.

Sleek-Jet
    AZKC:
    Sleek-Jet:
    Shouldn't be to hard to build a couple motor plates. You got the h-bar off the blue planter. Go for it.
    If it comes with a set of logs for an Olds, I'll take those off your hands. It does, I'll let ya know if the deal goes down. What are they worth about.... say $500 Thats what ya get for callin my boat a turd yuk J/K wink
    KC TURD, TURD, TURD.
    I'll take those exhaust dealios when you decide how much $$$.

AZKC
    No prob Victor, as for you Ren I'll let know
    KC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12