Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: my trailer is trashed!

Havasu Doug
    Cool trailer pics everyone! Mine needs to be redone too. I just haven't decided on whether to fix it myself, have it professionally redone, or go new. Miller, we need to park next to each other somewhere at OP6-V. My trailer is yellow too. HolyMoly, what brand did you get?

HotHallet
    Lifted the boat off this past weekend. Had it slung at King Harbor for $18 bucks and put onto Cyclone's trailer. Took the bunks off Sunday and the floater bar up front. Start dragging it around tommorrow to line everything up for the project. Spent Sunday morning taking the uphols./carpet out of the boat to prepare for installation of false floor and new carpet. I'll keep you posted on the project and post some before and after pics once it is done.

matt1
    whats a false floor.

Nubbs
    HotHallet:
    Took the bunks off Sunday and the floater bar up front. . Maybe a stupid question, but is the floater bar that stupid bar that goes from your eyehook to the trailer? If so, I've noticed that a lot of older jets have them. I've also noticed that most newer boats have a winch and bow stop. Why did they go away from making the floater bar setup? Or maybe I should ask why did they ever use a floater bar instead of a winch and bow stop? I personally think my floater bar sucks. I hate the darn thing. The boat bounces up and down in the water with it. Sorry for being long winded.

HotHallet
    Yes- the floater bar goes up from the trailer to the bow eye. I am dropping mine off tomorrow to get chromed. I went and saw the lighting guys today. The trailer is going to have L.E.D. strip lights across the back and custom running lights along the side. It's gonna look pimp. Probably start sandblasting it in two weeks.

blondebomber
    Fatrat painted my trailer a few months ago. night and day differance.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/boattrailer2.JPG[/img]

HBjet
    blondebomber:
    Fatrat painted my trailer a few months ago. night and day differance.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/boattrailer2.JPG[/img] Nice! What kind of boat is that?
    HBjet

blondebomber
    HBjet it's a 1985 Caribbean.

HotHallet
    Blondebomber- Nice boat! I like the 562 Wingnut wheels on the trailer. What size wheels and tires? I am putting 15x7 Weld Wheels with a P235/60R15 tire.

blondebomber
    HotHallet
    They are 17 X 8 with 215 40 17

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234