Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrome Shop!

Kwicherbichen
    Try Santa Ana Plating but make sure you get it in soon or it won't be ready when you want to play. They can take about 2-4 weeks to get to your stuff.

disco_charger
    They are aluminum, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life polishing. Chrome is the way to go...I'll try Santa Ana Plating.

jet4fun
    you should try polishing with a clear anodize over it, i know a couple people with this who say its great, holds up like chorme(dont have to keep repolishing)...

1Bahnerjet
    What about Bassett water injected Headers will chrome shops re-chrome them and for how much?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    1Bahnerjet:
    What about Bassett water injected Headers will chrome shops re-chrome them and for how much? Yup! they sure will......... for the price of a brand new set from basset eek! eek! eek! jawdrop jawdrop I tried that option and those guys are insane with thier prices. You can have them jethotted for about $300 and it looks good. I personally like chrome headers but if I had no choice I would go jethott!

jet4fun
    1Bahnerjet:
    What about Bassett water injected Headers will chrome shops re-chrome them and for how much? i tried that option too. not only is it almost as much as a new set of headers, but i called bassett and rewarder and they both said not to do it because when the headers are built they are polished before assembly. once you have them re-chromed you cant polish between the pipes, so it ends up a really shitty chrome job.
    personally either live with it, or sell your old pipes and kick out the 650 for a new set... i am now the proud owner of 2 sets, 1 blued to the tips from the previous owner that didnt like water , and the second pair a brand new set i bought at bassett last summer(hey, came with a free t-shirt )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12