Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWO stolen boats from So Cal, more to follow

HM
    Boatcop:
    C-Ya,
    Insurance fraud is the main reason your boat isnurance is so high, I won't give details (Neither will Keith) on the methods used, but all it takes is a lay-off, work slowdown, or failure of your dot-com, Martha Stewart, or Enron investment, and those $750 dollar boat payments get further from the top of your monthly payment priority.
    Nationwide, probably 40-50% of boat "thefts", sinkings, fires, and other casualties are owner involved, purposeful events, to get out from boat payments, usually when the amount owed is more than the value.
    More often than not, they get caught in their scheme, and not only lose the boat, but are still liable for the payments, AND get to be room-mates with affection starved Bubba for 3-5 years.
    It's people like that that keep people like BoatPI and me employed.In a recent Hot Boat article, they said of insured "hot boats" 8 out of 10, the owner is involved. Most of us guys with boats hate to hear they are stolen, so we keep an eye out for them and are quick to respond with any info, because we would like that to happen if our boats are stolen. The guys who decide to commit a little(or lot) insurance fraud don't quite realize how many eyes are looking for their boat. We don't know that he actually doen't want his boat to be found!

BoatPI
    Let me provide an example as to how your eyes need to look closely.
    In early 2000 a 1999 Fountain was stolen from Temecula. The crooks changed to hull id number and registered the boat in one of their names (CA). On Memorial day weekend they were at the sandbar. Remember a white Fountain, NO stripes. With strippers aboard.
    Yeah, that boat had a $5,000 bounty. No one looked closley, or thought anything of a late model Fountain being towed by a raggady old Chev pickup. They were discovered later, boat found and all are in state prison. The painted stripes were removed. ID number on trailer was missing too. No one looked, close enough.....
    www.Boatman.Com
    Some people call it profiling.

HM
    Well I printed a bunch of your flyers from your site and will definitely pay even more attention.

77charger
    BoatPI:
    Let me provide an example as to how your eyes need to look closely.
    late model Fountain being towed by a raggady old Chev pickup.
    www.Boatman.Com
    Some people call it profiling.what if some has all there money tied up in the boat.i guess this what they would drive.
    In all seriousness a used boat is not nearly worth what they are selling for and dont find it hard to believe owners are involed 1/2 the time imo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12