Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Boat Need help!

Froggystyle
    I am definitely not known on these forums as inflamatory... and so I want this to be taken the right way.
    If you have the ability to get your money back, do it. The boat is at the very least a handful of money waiting to be lost, and at the most it is a dangerous lesson in mis-engineering.
    That hull was not designed for that drive. In addition, no number of "racing parts" inside the motor would make that boat worth more than $1500 to ANYONE because you would have to go to all the work of removing it from that boat to re-sell the motor hopefully. The trailer is no beauty, and minus the interior and with the carved up transom, the hull is worth around $250 - $500 max.
    With the $4000 you are looking to spend to get the thing borderline seaworthy and the $3100 you are already out, you can buy one hell of a used boat right now. $7100 will get you something with a brand new motor, new interior and safe.
    Run, don't walk back to the guy who sold it to you, or his waiting three buddies who want it. You will thank us later.... trust me.
    What can $6000 get you today guys? I can think of four outstanding boats right now.
    Sorry to break it to you, I hate to see people unhappy.

Hustler
    Brent that is the same boat. I drove by it this afternoon.
    Happy Boater, sorry if I'm being a little harsh, I have been a little over worked lately, but seriuosly I hope this a bad joke for your sake.

superV
    HappyBoater:
    I thought it was one of those deals you just have to make before it's too late. He wanted 3400 bucks for it but I talked him down to 3100. So I think we both made out ok.
    HappyBoater!Are you sure he did not say $34 and you said ill give ya $3100 thinking he was meaning hundred and not dollars... argue

78Eliminator
    Some of you guys are being a little rough on this guy. I know that honesty is the best policy, but sheesh! Maybe just candy coat it just a little. That or spit on it before you stick it in.
    Well, you paid too much for the boat. You got taken advantage of because you didn't do enough research before you bought. I kind of did too and that's why I'm writing to you. He told you he had some other bites on the boat so you would buy before you went and talked to anybody (who would have rightly talked you out of it). Hustler (among others) is being a bit harsh, but I have to agree with him wholeheartedly. Try to take it back. You could get a real runner for three grand. I don't want to talk you out of a project, but I paid 8K for a runner and have dumped at least 3K into it. See what I mean? Hustler did the same thing. He even told me that he stepped into the boat and his foot went through the floor. You don't want to put that much money for somehting that rough. That is a LOT of work. We've all been there. Get something that has a more solid base from which you can build.
    If not, just gut that thing and take it to havasu barney and do a ground up. Make it a jet boat. But 3k was too much for that thing.
    Paint: 3000
    Outdrive or jet: 3000ish
    Motor: 3000-35,000 and up
    Interior: 3000
    Labor: 4000
    Ouch!
    [ December 05, 2002, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

1stepcloser
    Uhh, I'm gonna go with the "joke" thought here.
    I was thinking that maybe the guy had a few bucks and alot of ambition, hell that was the case with my first truck...but I paid $300.00 for it, and it ran for years. That boat is a pile.
    This guy is uh, not for real.

Schiada76
    DON'T TAKE IT BACK!
    I'll give you 3,200.00!
    If you really bought that, all the guys on this board should go with you and KICK the guys ASS that sold it to you. If you didn't you're f'n funny.

rivercrazy
    You really need to put those horns back on. Why did ya take em off anyway?????
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Havasu Hangin':
    [qb]More inspiration...
    Before:

[ December 05, 2002, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: rivercrazy ]

DansBlown73Nordic
    I won't sugar coat this....If you paid $3100 for that pile of Junk???? You must be smoking Crack....If you don't smoke Crack you better start. That boat wouldn't go 85-90 over a cliff. jawdrop
    I hope this is a Joke!!!!!! I would not walk but run back to the guy you bought it from. Tell him your Mom and Dad are really pist off. argue You need your money back. idea2

Havasu Hangin'
    rivercrazy:
    You really need to put those horns back on. Why did ya take em off anyway?You're right...all tugboats should have a good airhorn...

DansBlown73Nordic
    After taking a closer look I think it was a deal. I see in picture #1 a spare prop. That makes up for the rest....... wink

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast