Thread: Performance advice

Bad Meds
    Hi everyone,just bought this boat and I was wondering what kind of minor upgrades anybody might suggest to get a little more mph out of it? I am not looking to spend a bunch of $ and I already have a fast boat.I would like this one to run maybe 75-80 at the most.I am very happy with the boat and it is all stock and I do not want it to become something I have to work on all the time.I was hoping there might be a couple of KEY things to do from stock to make the most economical gains.Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks all
    1990 Eliminator edge 22ft w/7.4 mercruser and a bravo drive [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/elim11.JPG[/img]

DEEZ NUTTS
    Bad Meds, how fast does it go now? Not knowing what a lot of $$ is to you, and if you went this route it would be cool to see speed increases step by step.
    Exhaust and carb work-
    Then ignition like full MSD-
    Ditch the recirc waterpump for a cross over-
    Tell your friends to get out-
    The crossover would be the cheapest, and I would be curious to hear about a gain if any.

Skaterfast
    Looks good for a 12 year old boat.If you want it to go 75 or 80 this means you will be spending lots of cash.If you want 3-5 mph more start with good ignition then K&N filter and exhaust.Then test as many props as you can get your hands on.

cigarette1
    I think the cheapest 3-5 mph can be had for $350
    Take your prop to one of the performance prop shops and have it blueprinted/labbed. They will thin the blades, tweek the pitch and cup. I am assuming you already have a performance stainless prop.
    [ January 18, 2003, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: cigarette1 ]

Bad Meds
    Thanks for the help everyone I will take it all into consideration and figuere out what I want to do.

HavasuDreamin'
    Whipple Charger!

tbisme
    your propeller is going to be the best money spent...what rpm. are you running at WOT now ??? 21 sounds small, try 23 24, still 5000+ go to 25 and so on... eek!
    [ January 26, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: tbisme ]