Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SouthWind Tunnel?

cs don't know if he has anymore. he e-mailed me when i posted on the othet thread about needing one. its kinda like my yearly purchase from jim about this time for the last 2 years i have bought something from him. if you can find a used one its just kinda what they are willing to sell it for. but the price seems to be around $750.00 to $800.00.
    pat(slotracer)

Just for laughs I took some measurements off my daytona to compare with the SW and PC.The outside sponson is 5 1/4 from the top of the tunnell and the middle sponson is 6.5 below the top of the tunnell.
    If I remember correctly someone around here said the tunnell on a cal. performance is an exact copy of the daytona. From the pics I have, it looks like its a possibility,but maybe they are a little bit shallow or not as deep on the cp.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...P00759-med.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...p00472-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...p00476-med.jpg

Bense468
    Who's white CP?

i think that is jimmy burrows comp jet! the one with purple. if im not mistaken, he pulled two or three passes at ming last week at high 7's? anybody know what happened out there? whatever happened, i heard that he had to run it again 'cause one of the competiters complained that his boat could'nt be that fast! any info on this subject? todd

i guess nothing?

Originally posted by toddnjuzz
    i think that is jimmy burrows comp jet! the one with purple. if im not mistaken, he pulled two or three passes at ming last week at high 7's? anybody know what happened out there? whatever happened, i heard that he had to run it again 'cause one of the competiters complained that his boat could'nt be that fast! any info on this subject? todd
    Bense, those are both cps. The one with the pop off is H.Traylors and the other is J.Burrows like Todd mentioned.They both haul ass.
    Todd, I dont know much about what happened out there, I never made it up to ming that weekend,I only got a little info on the races from some friends who went, that sucks he had to run twice,Tom Bandy was in a similar situation and had to run twice as well.Anyway I did hear Burrows did set a record of some sort out there, but I do not know the details.I do know the conditions were excellent for the racers.NJBA results are up if your interested.

thanks cs for the reply!

bp
    the cp tunnels are not quite as deep as the eliminator tunnels, but the delta between the center sponson and the outter sponsons is about the same. tunnel width is very close.
    tom bandy had to run a second final because his competition, randy moline, didn't know the final was being run. there was a first call to the lanes, but that was it. when it's a final, there's usually a first call, second call, final call, etc. tom went down, waited, then they put him in the water for a single without trying to find out what was up with randy. when randy finally found out he was called, he talked to the race director and they decided to re-run. kind of an "unwritten rule", and one of the things you learn is to work with your competition to agree on a time to arrive at the lane, make sure you're both there unless somebody is so broke they will not be able to make it.
    first, jim burroughs was in a points battle for the 8 second championship. the boat had never gone into the 7s before, so when it did, it really messed them up. they didn't really believe it, so asked for a re-run, and it did it again (or came very close). i do know that he had run an 8.03 earlier this year, because i have the time slip to prove it (i was in the other lane during bracket qualifying). getting really good air like that can sometimes cause surprises.
    one problem jim had was in the compjet final against jim guthrie, his rev limiter did something i'm sure they hadn't planned on, and he was stuck at 4000 rpm 'til about half track, so he lost that one. otherwise, that boat was really hauling azz.

jims father had told me back in june that he would break into the high 7's and that all that they needed was good air temp, i guess he was right! from what i heard is 1st, he "red lit"(7:77) 2nd(7:8?) and the 3rd was like just under 8sec.
    "not too terribly bad,...for a pump boat"!!! would you agree?

bp
    Originally posted by toddnjuzz
    jims father had told me back in june that he would break into the high 7's and that all that they needed was good air temp, i guess he was right! from what i heard is 1st, he "red lit"(7:77) 2nd(7:8?) and the 3rd was like just under 8sec.
    "not too terribly bad,...for a pump boat"!!! would you agree?
    not terribly bad? well, the pgj national record is 7.81, and the last race we ran the biz (2001 njba finals), we ran 7.72-3 all weekend long with the good air. no one has come close to the pgj record since then.
    the compjet record is about 4 -5 tenths higher than that. in other words, jim is easily running 3 tenths under the national record, even when the air is mediocre. THERE ARE NO OTHER COMP JETS IN THE NATION THAT ARE RUNNING CLOSE TO HIM! if they wanted to, they could run pce in ihba and do very very well next year.
    as an aside, i really think he needs to get a popoff on that boat. they aren't running terribly high speeds, but it's better to be safe than sorry, and if he tried it, he'd really like it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234