Thread: Leaking Braided Stainless

BOBALOO
    Has anyone had problems with the braided hose deteriorating from the inside and leaking in under 6 months?
    I am in cali and have to deal with MTBE in my gas and remember problems like mine when it first came out.
    Last year my fuel hose started leaking after one season and now the new boats fuel hose is leaking at the swivel fitting where there must be an o-ring. This is hose from Summit and the fittings are Earls or Aeroquip.
    Should I give up and run a hard line to the carb?

Hose should last min of 5-7 years. What brand of hose are they selling you?

BOBALOO
    I dont know what hose it is, the hose fitting is leaking now at the o-ring where it swivels but before it was leaking the whole length (15") of the hose.
    Needless to say it was scary with all that fuel spraying around O/T headers!:jawdrop:
    The fuel line in the new boat is only a year old and was probably purchased at Blairs in Pasadena or Summit but is not leaking.
    I might have to come by for some hose and a fitting. You got #6 45* fittins and hose Mike?

Craig
    Maybe you got ahold of some old stuff. I have a box of braided hose. I used a piece for a carb feed. Fired it up and it leaked all through the braid! Bought some new stuff!

Originally posted by BOBALOO
    I dont know what hose it is, the hose fitting is leaking now at the o-ring where it swivels but before it was leaking the whole length (15") of the hose.
    Needless to say it was scary with all that fuel spraying around O/T headers!:jawdrop:
    The fuel line in the new boat is only a year old and was probably purchased at Blairs in Pasadena or Summit but is not leaking.
    I might have to come by for some hose and a fitting. You got #6 45* fittins and hose Mike?
    I have 6 ends in the box but just some short rems on hose, like 1 to 2 footers. Will order hose tomorrow and should have within a day or two.