Thread: Turbo-charged 350 V-8 for sale

madmaxll
    This motor was originally in a jet boat, removed and built for a street rod but can be easily refitted for a boat.
    Link for additional pics:
    http://www.citysuperstore.com/MADMAXLL.asp

I STARTED WITH A 1980 4 BOLT MAIN TRUCK MOTOR THAT WAS ORIGINALLY BUILT AS A TURBO-CHARGED MOTOR FOR A JET BOAT. THE MOTOR HAD LOW HOURS WHEN THE BOAT BURNED (THE FIRE WAS NOT CAUSED BY THE MOTOR). THE MOTOR WAS TORN DOWN AND TAKEN TO THE MACHINE SHOP. The block (624 cast) and heads (882 cast) were tanked and mag’d. The cylinders were honed (no boring needed so it’s still standard 4” bore). New cam bearings and new brass freeze plugs installed. I used the same balanced rotating assembly and installed new standard size clevite77 bearings (rod and main) and molly rings on the silv-o-lite dished pistons. The stainless crank polished nicely. The special turbo-grind cam was cleaned and re-installed . the heads were worked with a three-angle valve job. The exhausts were ground to take 1.60 “ and the intakes were left at 1.94”. the exhaust chambers were ported and polished to improve exhaust flow. New stainless steel valves were installed with high-lift zz4 springs and umbrella seals. New 3/8THS screw-in studs were installed in place of the press-in’s. The block and heads were assembled using fell-pro gaskets with the exception of the intake where I used torque plus screened gaskets. New elgin hydraulic lifters were installed. I used a melling m99-hvs high volume/pressure oil pump.
    The turbo is a rajay that was looked at by a local turbo shop and found to be in excellent condition. It was dismantled, inspected, cleaned and re-assembled prior to installation. The intake is a martin turbo systems set-up that was cleaned up and clear coated to preserve appearance. The way this set-up is designed it has an internal 5 psi blow-off valve, no external waste gate, and no intercooler.
    OTHER ITEMS INSTALLED:
    CARTER HIGH VOLUME FUEL PUMP
    NEW ZZ4 HI-VOLUME WATER PUMP
    CHROME ALTERNATER (SLIGHTLY USED)
    GATES BELTS
    CHROME ALTERNATOR BRACKET
    CHROME DIPSTICK AND TUBE
    CHROME ADJUSTABLE TIMING POINTER
    POLISHED ADJUSTABLE WATERNECK WITH O-RING GASKET
    A used but working starter is installed
    Stainless steel braided lines include
    Turbo oil line in
    Turbo oil drain line
    Fuel line pump to carb
    The carb sits on a power-aid spacer. The carb is a modified quadrajet.
    The distributor is a gm hei with curve kit installed. It has an accel cap. Accel super coil and accel control module. 8.8mm accel wires lead to accel spark plugs
    The engine has been run on the stand and runs well . has not been installed.
    I think I’ve covered everything but have probably forgotten something. Please ask any questions not covered above.

madmaxll
    Up for sale again. Last deal fell thru. Price reduced to $2500. Need to move this motor. Thanks for the great forum and to all those who make it work.

Infomaniac
    What intake manifold is that?

CrazyHippy
    What kinda HP...
    Mental Gears are turning
    BJH