Thread: Where do i mount depthfinder?

kanedog
    I have a 2002 26'eliminator daytona.The deppthfinder unit is now mounted on the starboard side sponson below the pas. seat and about 1 foot toward the transom. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. It doesnt work when im sitting still 50% of the time. I now have a new unit as the old one is epoxied to the hull. I neeed to know where to mount the new one so as it will work better than the old one.Any advice would be appreciated on this prob. i have, as im pretty well sitting in front of the computer with unit in hand looking at it wondering if it willl work this time.

spectras only
    KD , I'm not sure if the 26 Daytona has a solid bottom [I rather think it is balsa cored ?],If it isn't a solid layup it will not work with the sender glassed in the hull.My hull is solid and the Lowrance 3500 unit works great at any speed.

kanedog
    i want a depthfinder that works like yours does.It sucks when at about 3 mph mine stops working. thanks for the info

spectras only
    KD, call Rauer electronics in north van. They're on pemberton avenue.The've been around for a long time .I'm sure they can steer you the right direction.