Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: supercharging and fuel injection

cdog
    With the holley you can add the add on box for the wide band for about $400. It's not a holley product but it works with the holley ecu.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    ProCharger not only SUCKS......It BLOWS !!!!!!!
    Whipple.......Whipple........Whipple !!!!!!
    Class Dismissed.......
    CJG

GEOO
    The wide band reads the A/F in a large range ie ( 10-15 %) and has a heater built in.

Unchained
    I got one of these a couple months ago and it has worked real well for me.
    http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/lm1.php
    After tuning all the fuel maps with this meter the throttle response became almost instant.
    I wish I would have had this last year.
    Ive got a dial so that I can change the fuel mixture while driving the boat and watch the meter change until it's right on.

Essex29
    Originally posted by Christopher Gibbons
    ProCharger not only SUCKS......It BLOWS !!!!!!!
    Whipple.......Whipple........Whipple !!!!!!
    Class Dismissed.......
    CJG

What's the problem with Procharger's...I always hear they suck , but bo specifics.
    Got any?

RACER52
    I'm usually not one to bash any products but every boat I have been in with a procharger sounded like crap. The chargers sound like they are ready to seize or sound like they are internally eating themselves up.
    Also seen lots of pistons not doing so well due to old tech. fuel delivery.
    But I'm sure they have improved over the years.
    Nothing like a whipple though. Obviously a little biased now that my boat is sportin the Quad Rotor.
    Its all just metal, and metal usually dont break unless theres a failure elsewhere.
    Racer

cdog
    Originally posted by TheGreyGoose
    What's the problem with Procharger's...I always hear they suck , but bo specifics.
    Got any?
    Glad your happy with your set up.
    From an engineering stand point a centrifical supercharger is much more dependable and efficent. While root style blowers are excellent for making a lot of power they are out dated by design and have more limits to their out put.
    I know what your about to say. " then why do dragsters, Topfuel and so on use them". They tear down their engines, make a lot of power and only run them for a couple of seconds.
    The best set up is turbos, No questions asked. But who has 30k for the set up.
    Next down the list would be a centrifical supercharger. If it has a problem it does'nt take out the engine with it.( At least the new sealed internal oil units). Everyone is a self proclaimed know it all in the auto HI-Po industry so I base my reasearch off of my areospace experience in engineering.
    Just look at indy and f1 and military power. They all use turbos. The next closest thing is a Procharger. Runs off of a pulley instead of exhaust and is capable of producing more boost at lower temps. Tuning, Fuel and timeing are up to the builder. If it is not done correctly, the final product will not perform as expected.
    This is not a slam to roots blowers. I think they are bitchen too.
    Just my .02.
    It's all about having a good time.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    I am not an expert, but every story I hear about the ProCharger is BAD!!!
    ProCharger needs too much boost to get the gains....
    Too much boost = Too much unburnt fuel = Too much fuel in the oil.......Fuel in the oil=BAD!!!!!
    Run a ProCharger.........Change your oil very....very....often......
    Sorry.....I'm a Whipple Fan!!!!!
    CJG

RACER52
    same things I've heard and whitnessed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123