Thread: I need some sort of rubber stop?

C.Fisher
    I need some sort of rubber stop that is adjustable, almost like what you find along the fenders of your car for the hood but in this case the threaded part has to be stainless. Here is why the strange request. We installed K&N air filters atop the the blower motors in the checkmate and when the hatch closes it flush with the hatch. I special made the top of the cleaner lids to incorporate the nut in the lid. I can spin the lid so it isnt smashing down on it but its to close. Our idea was to install some adjustable rubber bumpers to stop the hatch from coming all the way down, only by about 3/8 of inch.
    We thought about weather stripping but the hatch is bowed and not flat, in the center there is more of gap than on the edges. Anyone know of something?
    My idea was to say screw it and just go ahead with scoops but that got shot down.
    Thanks in advance

tbanzer
    Danchuck sells the hood stops for 55-57 Chevys and they are stainless with rubber stops.

C.Fisher
    Originally posted by tbanzer
    Danchuck sells the hood stops for 55-57 Chevys and they are stainless with rubber stops.
    COOL! Now who or what is Danchuck and how to contact?
    Thanks

Raylar
    Some industrial hardware suppliers and generator suppliers supply a part called a "lord" mount. Its a rubber hockey puck shaped disk with a stud coming out of it. They are used for vibration isolation and come in all sizes. Hope this helps.
    Raylar