Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did you do today?

Dimarco Kid
    We dynoed my gas motor this spring again, with the intercooler it made 1137 @ 7200. Ron knows that I'd be running this power, but I'm not sure what the "guidelines" are for twin screws. I'll ask. My Dimarco was heavy, it rode very nice and never moved an inch. I think you're right and should stay with that idea. It'll be more lake than race, just because I way up here in Maine.
    Do you run an Owens or Lenco? I've got an Owens now, but kinda new to the trans thing, never ran it in my Dimarco. Might need some help there too.
    You're right, it would be a bad lake boat, Ron said that too!!! It'll happen, we're gonna start this fall, god know how long it will take, but we'll get there!!!!

promod
    i have a blown alky jet with around 1200 horse but when i do step into a hydro it will be a kurtis with a lenco and run it in promod class 7.00 index but have had lenco in some cars i use to run on the asphalt,lencos are good pieces but would be bad ass in a lake boat have to keep them up and stay on top of them keep themin new condition and they will last a long time if taken care of, with that power u have i think it would be fun to play with, i'm in n.c. so our weather is alot better than up there
    talk to ron about the twin and see about the power it needs to be turned, i thought about the same thing with dual jet system they have now but ahven't heard that much about them yet
    promod

Dimarco Kid
    Are you gettin your Kurtis from GS Marine?

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Originally posted by jellomama
    Heck, he won't let me drive when it snows, looks like snow, or someone mentions snow. ROFL I think this winter :yuk:
    I''ll hook the boat up to the truck when it snows, and pull it around town
    Jamie, can I stay with ya'll for awhile? pweeeeeeez
    Any time!!!

Lady Warhawk
    Originally posted by Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Any time!!!
    Move over Mike

Mrs.sleekcraft76

promod
    i will prob get one that is already used a couple years old one that i have seen run and know that it is a good boat just drop my motor in and do some test and tuning and get the feel for the boat, not to good on putting a new hydro together there is no one on the east coast that can help me put this thing together in person so i would rather have one that is running, talking over the phone doesn't help me all that good but it will be a kurtis witha denver capsule.

Dimarco Kid
    I understand that!!! There's a few jabronees over here on the right coast that THINK they do, but they don't! I had to build the Dimarco "over phone" as you said, and it does get frustrating! Smart move on buying a proven boat. My problem is I'm so dam anal about everything that I end up tearing it down and re-doing it anyways! Might as well buy new! And obviously mine wouldn't need to be as precise as yours running the PM class, if I was runnin that, I would go the proven boat way too! Keep me posted on your progress and I'll let you know how my projects goin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123