Thread: 302

boatslayer
    ok i have a 87 ford bronco with a 302 what can i do to the motor to beef it up , with it still passing smog

Craig
    You're kind of limited because I believe your fuel injection is the same as my 89, speed density (as opposed to mass air flow) Your computer has set parameters for the engine. You start messing with cams, intakes and all, it'll start acting up. You can change the exhaust with a good cat back, I used a Gibson. You could go with a K&N filter set up on the air inlet as well. You can change the rear-end gears for a little more hole shot.

Kachina26
    Find a buddy with a smog license, then do whatever you want. wink. I got one but I like having it, so you're outta luck with me. HA HA HA HA.

Squirtin Thunder
    Throttle body, Rockers, cam timing, port work. Crane has the power max cams that are designed for the computor driven engines. K&N make a FIPK that works great on that engine. The Flowmaster 3" 17" body muffler works best, keep the exhaust single. Also get a CAT that is 3" and dump the exhaust in front of the rear wheel. Don't forget to update your ignition with better wires and cap and coil.
    Jim

boatslayer
    thanks for ur in put