Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the best digital camera?

dmontzsta
    Well post some damn pics already i have been waiting for months

I dont have any and besides she checks the forum, if anything popped up my dick might be whacked off, she isnt a MrsKilr.

FOURQ
    i got the sony dsc-f828 a few weeks ago and i love it. its 8 megapixles 7x optical and 16x digital zoom and takes great pics and video has all the bells and whisles it was 1000.00 plus the extra 500 for the 1 gig mem stick but well worth it...
    4Q

FRENCHIE
    id say get whatever Kilr's got that seems to take bitchen pics... but on the real we have the 4530 Kodak and its a 5.0. mega pix...best camera i ever bought...i think it was about $300 bills!!

Sleek-Jet
    Olympus get's my vote. I've got a 4 megepixel 3X zoom that takes pretty good pics. Will do more than I really need in a camera. And it takes a beating. :hammerhea

Bow Tie Omega
    We purchased the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V1. It is a 5.0 megapixel camera and we love it. TO see the reviews, just do a search online for the camera

jdnichols
    I just went through the digital camera buying research a while ago. Do yourself a favor and get the Kodak DX6490 they have lowered the price $100 since I bought it, but I dont think that it will go down much more, it is $399 mostly everywhere. 10x optical zoom and 3x digital, 4 megapixel AND it takes EXCELLENT vids, I could post some stuff but it is tooooo big. I use it as a video camera and a high end camera. I did lots and lots of research and I am not partial to Kodak, but they made a camera right with this one, I love it. It has a nicon battery so you dont run through AA's like crazy. You can buy 1 gig memory sticks if you want. I have two 256mb sticks and two batteries, I can take around 600 pics and/or 2+ hours of vid.
    You can also buy adapters to get more zoom if you need, but this ****er is zoomalicious.
    Dmontzsta,
    I went through the same research, looking for the best camera around $500. Having used an Olympus for many years, it was my favorite. I bought the DX6490 as well. I have been super happy with it, Video's and Pictures. Battery life is phenomenal and I have printed 11 X 17 pictures of boating scenes of pretty good quality. With SD 256mb memory sticks down to $39.00 you can’t go wrong. The Kodak software works well though I tend to use a card reader and windows utilites.
    Many of the pictures on these pages from the Spring Poker Run (http://www.american***boats.com/Poke...oker_page.html) were taken with the Kodak.
    Photo's with the "2004 Heatwave Poker Run" red lettered text on them were taken with a high end Olympus. Such as the aerial shots.
    Jim

I bought myself one of the Canon Digital Rebels (SLR) for Christmas. It takes killer pics and gives you the option of changing to any Canon EF lens. If you like SLR style, you can beat the price.

RP1
    I have a Nikon D100, coolpix 5400, coolpix 3500 and a Minolta mentage 4mgp. I like all of them for different reasons..
    You can't go wrong with the Nikon or Cannon IMO. If you want the ability to changes lenses than I would look into the Cannon 20D or the Nikon D100. If a fixed lens is your deal, than look at the Nikon Coolpix line, which now goes up to 6.0 megapixels on a fixed lens and has the ability for off camera flash.
    I would definetly upgrade your memory card to a 512, anything over that will exceed one CD's writing storage capabilities anyway.

Tom Brown
    Back in the early days of digital photography, color maps varied wildly. Canon and Nikon were the most conservative and the closest to real color mapping, IMO.
    Some of the other brands took pictures that looked like cartoons. They would produce beautiful, vibrant colors... even on a dull, drab day.
    Over the years, color mapping seems to have converged. Feature sets have largely converged also.
    A big part of the differentiation seems to come down to lens quality, noise, and physical format. In the recreational photography market, there doesn't seem to be a lot of difference. A friend of mine has a Casio and he gets terrific quality pictures.
    I'm a Canon fan but I'm less inclined than I used to be to pay extra for the brand. There really are a lot of excellent quality cameras on the market these days.
    After having a couple of Canons go bad on me, and with friends who have had other brand cameras break, I'm far less inclined to get a real good camera with the idea of keeping it a long time. Cameras don't last a lifetime anymore. I'm a film camera collector and it's been hard to change my view of cameras to that of a disposable item but that is where I'm heading. You spank out $1K for a daily use camera, 14 months later it needs repair and you find out it's not worth repairing because they are going on eBay for $250... so you spank out another 1000 bucks for the next camera you plan to keep for a long time.

Sleek-Jet
    You're doing alot of spanking there Tom. :jawdrop:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast