Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Z06 Corvette

MagicMtnDan
    When I bought my new C6 corvette, in 11/04 everyone was charging 10K over the sticker, as they had only been on the market for 3 weeks
    I paid 1K under MSRP, So yes you can get them cheaper
    You're talking about a C6 and we're talking about a C6 Z06.
    And no, they cannot be "had for way less than that." The lucky buyers got 'em for MSRP. Very few had hookups and got them for less. Now they're typically going over MSRP while honest dealers are allowing their customers who've been on their list buy them at MSRP.

Extreme Marine Az
    You're talking about a C6 and we're talking about a C6 Z06.
    And no, they cannot be "had for way less than that." The lucky buyers got 'em for MSRP. Very few had hookups and got them for less. Now they're typically going over MSRP while honest dealers are allowing their customers who've been on their list buy them at MSRP.
    Having a buddy @ GM helped, mine was 5k under MSRP, as for driving the car, If you power-shift it and your not going straight ahead you'll soon be doing a 180, and if you dont have much self control this car is not for you, I use it as a toy/2nd car and every time I get in it the temptation to go thru the gears is very hard to resist :rollside:

Extreme Marine Az
    All for speeding? I thought about that, it could be a problem They also said it would do the quarter mile in under twelve. That's moving. Kilrtoy
    what power package does your vette have? The 505hp setup is new this year, I think.
    102 mph in 2nd gear

ThongMagnet
    Sooooo....What does the Zo6 do in the quarter mile?
    To compare:
    My 2000 ss camaro (stock SLP) with me driving (not a professional) 13.78 seconds, at 104 mph. I here I can do 12.9 seconds.
    I found using only cruise control all the time kept me out of tickets. Once a month I take it to the friday night drags when I get the itch (one or two runs only). You don't see to many zo6's doing quarter miles.
    (Maybe there a fraid to really use it)

Extreme Marine Az
    Sooooo....What does the Zo6 do in the quarter mile?
    To compare:
    My 2000 ss camaro (stock SLP) with me driving (not a professional) 13.78 seconds, at 104 mph. I here I can do 12.9 seconds.
    I found using only cruise control all the time kept me out of tickets. Once a month I take it to the friday night drags when I get the itch (one or two runs only). You don't see to many zo6's doing quarter miles.
    (Maybe there a fraid to really use it)
    11.6-11.7@123mph

framer1
    11.6-11.7@123mph
    I would say that moving right along for a stock car. Wonder what a Viper would do in the quarter mile.

uvindex
    Wonder what a Viper would do in the quarter mile.Car and Driver did a comparison test between the Z06 and Viper in December 2005. Here's an excerpt:
    "The Viper's 3.8-second 0-to-60 sprint is still plenty quick, but it's almost a half-second slower than the Vette's. Some of that difference comes down to an issue of engine rpm and gearing. The Vette, for example, can reach 60 mph in first gear, whereas the Viper must use up a time-consuming gearshift. But in the quarter-mile, where the gearing isn't so much an issue, the Viper's 12.1-second time trails the Vette's by 0.3 second. As speeds increase, the Corvette's advantage widens. To hit 150 mph, the Viper needs 20.2 seconds, the Z06, 17.9. In a drag race, the Viper loses."
    Full story: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...y-bullies.html

Jrocket
    11.6-11.7@123mph
    Thats a number that the magazines got.If you take the Z06 and put an everday driver in it,it will lose almost a full second off of that.Still a very fast car for the money and I would'nt think twice about getting one if i had the time to drive it.
    I called Jay about a month ago and got a price from him on one and almost pulled the trigger,his price was good.

TRUMP TIGHT
    Watching speed channel last night it was showing the Z06 Corvette. That is one nice car 0 to 60 in 3.7 sec. with a top speed of 198. It's won the last four out of five Le Mans (sp) against Ferreris and other European cars. It's less than half the price of those cars. Very nice. I think I need one :rollside:
    Are those numbers with the 400hp or the 500hp motor? In an automatic or stick and are they 6 speeds now or still 5?

Jrocket
    Are those numbers with the 400hp or the 500hp motor? In an automatic or stick and are they 6 speeds now or still 5?
    Thats from the new 505hp.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast