Danny, do you plan on getting a bare hull from Carrera, and rigging this one yourself also? What kind of power and drives are you planning on going with?
Good luck trying to outdo the boat you have now, it is awesome.
32' is a big boat for Parker, bye bye Allstar's, hello D Row?
I am definitely going to get a bare hull from Carrera. I am going to dictate the lamination schedule and make sure that everything is 100% correct. I will have them do the interior because everything is done in house, but I will be right there saying how to do it so I can make sure that it comes out exactly the way that I want. It is time consuming, but in the end it will turn out right.
Right now, I am not sure what I am going to do about power. I am either going to pull the motor out of this boat, build a second one, and power it with two motors like this (if someone wants the boat blank hull with drive) or I am going to go with two of the new GM 572 crate motors and Max Machine Works drives. If I go with the blower motors, I will be using a pair of #6's. Believe me, I have some new ideas for the 32 that will definitely set it apart from everything else out there. :idea:
No matter what, I will always be an Allstar at heart! I dont think Parker will be a problem for the 32. There are quite a few boats that run on Parker over 30' in length and they handle it just fine. I always have loved Havasu too and this season will probably spend some more time up there as well. We get along great with the D-row group and have a blast playing with them too. They are always welcome down below the dam as we are up top. Best of both worlds.
If I don't get rid of this boat in the next 3 months, I am going to pass on the Carrera 32 probably though. I have given it a lot of thought and there is a boat that is going to be coming out pretty soon that is going to be SWEET! Really cant give any details on it, but it is over 35' and will definitely play with the big boys. :skull: I will use this boat this season and then when the new boat comes out, step into it instead.