Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Greg Shoemaker or other Jet Guru's

rivercrazy
    Thanks for the tip Dohara. I actually don't push it that hard. The pump only takes air at speeds of about 10-15 mph or below only during the most extreme turns @ WOT. I drive through it without blowing out the pump 99.5% of the time. Like I said earlier, I was just concerned about others that might be piloting my boat at times. If I could eliminate it, it would be great but it really is not that big of a deal.

DOHARA
    RIVERCRAZY, I'm trying to understand what you said. The pump will only suck air at 10-15mph? If so sounds like It might have a cavitation problem. What intake loader are you using, who made it? Is it only sucking air at slow speed turns, or high speed turns?

rivercrazy
    I won't cavitate at all from a dead stop going strait. Only at very slow speeds where you get the hull banking and then nail the throttle at WOT. Its a minor problem.

DOHARA
    Got it now, that's probably normal for most jet boats. Like I said before I would try not to nail it WOT unless the boat is flat,going straigh, You can get on it in a turn when you are already plained out but, would try not to turn so sharp and nail it at slow speeds and boat is not on plain. when you do that pump cant load up properly and causes it to blow out. hope this helped, good luck.
    DANO

LENS GOTA HOT GMC JET
    Originally posted by rivercrazy:
    Like I said earlier, I was just concerned about others that might be piloting my boat at times. If I could eliminate it, it would be great but it really is not that big of a deal.
    I had the same concerns (over-revving) with my Olds small block in my 16' GMC Cobra Jet - do yourself a favor and BUY THE REV LIMITER - only a couple hundred bucks and may save your motor - I'm building a BBC for it now, but I'm still going to be using an MSD ignition with a limiter - peace of mind insurance, y'know?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123