Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can Cat's Blow Over?

HavasuDreamin'
    Just saw that video. What a dumb ass. LUCKY MOFO.
    W-25.........right click on it and "save target as" to your hard drive. Then open it up. Worked for me.

hboldno7
    HavasuDreamin':
    Just saw that video. What a dumb ass. LUCKY MOFO.
    W-25.........right click on it and "save target as" to your hard drive. Then open it up. Worked for me. what an idiot. crazy focker

nodigg
    I always wonder how fast is too fast in my cat. I know I am not packing enough power to get into too much trouble? but what a great feeling when at about 80 you over trim up and begin to be able to "float" up and out of the water with a sweet, controlled feeling for a soft touch down into the water. What a kick! Trim down a little below that point and I just get a vary stable and controlled feeling. Gawd I love cats!

nodigg
    Just looked at the video....Does anybody really have that little feel for their boat? NO DOUBT THEY DO!
    [ July 03, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: nodigg ]

XLGPP
    kited mine @85 mph when I first got it. got caught in a bad storm and was trying to keep it up on top of the chop, then the water turned into huge swells and rollers. we launched off the ramp side of one and were going into a head wind. needless to say the wind caught us like a kite. landed right on the ass end but thankfully enough we landed on the back slope of the next swell so we didnt stuff the front end. never been so scared in a boat in my life. I think that was the biggest reason for my divorce. lol wife didnt talk to me for almost 2 weeks. Woulda been a cool dbl in motocross BUT NOT IN A BOAT!
    [ July 03, 2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: XLGPP ]

dorC
    I've been told that unless you really are dumb that a 26' cat going under 100 won't go over backwards. Right now with my setup I have a bigger problem with keeping the ass end straight. The mrs usually doesn't notice it, but it usually scares the shit out of me when I feel the back end kick over. I just keep on wondering how close I came to spinning out. I've deliberetly spun the boat at low speeds and it's really amazing how fast it will come around.

daytona 23
    if you are gettin air at 80 mph then you need to go over the waves faster, we have found out if we hit boat rollers at 50 to 75 the boat launches,aka 23 daytona,now at 85 a little jumpy but at 100 never felt a thing i think cats motto is faster the better. we have taken this boat over 5' boat wake at 95 mph scared the poop out of me till we went across it was smooth.still makes you wonder tho. prop slection is also a factor on how the boat handles i found out that cleavers are the best. choppers make it more wild .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345