Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damaged Outdrive

filthyrat
    Thanks for the offer, but i'll be at Shasta. Looks like it will be a 19 for the weekend. Unless that is, when I stop by the prop shop here for lunch I don't get a hair up my ass and buy a new one. I would like to try a 23* three blade.
    Big block would be nice, but for a daycruiser she will do 75, which is good enough (Is that the first time someone has said 'good enough' on this site?)

desertbird
    Fix your skeg, look cool, and save a few hundred bucks.
    I run these anyway, I like the protection.
    SKEGGARD (http://www.skeggardmarine.com/Mercha...&Store_Code=SS)

Rock-it man
    Thanks for the offer, but i'll be at Shasta. Looks like it will be a 19 for the weekend. Unless that is, when I stop by the prop shop here for lunch I don't get a hair up my ass and buy a new one. I would like to try a 23* three blade.
    Big block would be nice, but for a daycruiser she will do 75, which is good enough (Is that the first time someone has said 'good enough' on this site?)
    If your at shasta you can see Phils Props # 1-800-462-3917 he will loan props and he is a great guy ,runs a Datona 21 on Shasta ( Black) hangs out with BoatMaster at Shasta Marina.
    I will be there on Sat 8/6 for testing props myself on the Sacto Arm near obrian Inlet till around noon on Sat. you call also contact BoatMaster he on the board at Hot Boats West he may have some props also. Good Luck

burtandnancy
    You'll probably need the lower pitch anyway at the altitude of Shasta

Essexive G's
    Fix your skeg, look cool, and save a few hundred bucks.
    I run these anyway, I like the protection.
    SKEGGARD (http://www.skeggardmarine.com/Mercha...&Store_Code=SS)
    I like this idea. On my old Chapparel a small chunk of the skeg broke off. I took it into the shop to get welded. Next time out the bottom three inches fell off front to back, and we were just running it.
    Came to the conclusion that the shop had put a heat sink on it and thats where it had broke off.
    Went and bought the skeg guard. Was real happy with it and it looked good too.
    Took all of 15 min. to install.

filthyrat
    Do you think it may have changed any type of performance?? In world where you fight for just a couple of more mph, any loss?? Phil's did fix my drive skeg for $85 in one morning, plus fixed another trashed prop for $150. Primo work and great shop. The guard looks cool and seems to be a good investment, but I don't want to compromise anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12