Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Woman Advice Needed!

Wmc
    Ok here is the deal, I am recently engaged to my beautiful girlfriend who happens to be a big boating enthusiast as well. The problem is our vision of boats is completely different. As of now I have a 25 Daytona with a blown 572 bla bla bla. The problem come to find out is that anything over 75 she "feels like its a big wing and we are gonna fly away". I personally enjoy a solid 90mph and feel right at home. Never the less this scares her. Im willing to comprimise and get something a little slower, but I still want a cat. She loves v-bottoms. Thus the problem. She wants room under the bow to sleep and feels much safer in them. I try to tell her that driving a v compared to my cat is like her Infinity to my Superduty. I cant see myself having a whole lot of driving fun in a v. BORING. No offense to you v owners!
    So if any one has had this issue can I get some advice. Do I bite my tongue and make her happy or do I stand my ground. Shes a great boatmate, backs up the truck, drives the boat and so on.......Just dont want a v! HELP!!! THANKS JASON
    Wife's point of view:
    I was scared of the cat, as well as the speed, and felt the same way your girlfriend did. So we bought a Magic Deckboat and just love it. Still a cat, but much more enjoyable.

Kilrtoy
    Here is my wifes perspective.....
    "OUR NEXT BOAT WILL RUN MINIMUM 120MPH OR WE WONT BUY IT".....
    Damn she is gonna be pissed when that pontoon shows up :idea:

chub
    Sorry can't help ya. My wife likes the mod VP better than than the old V bottom ULTRA.

blown dough
    i love our new cat, speed is good too!!!!!

3:30dirty
    i love our new cat, speed is good too!!!!!
    Well after the weekend in Havasu we got to put a signifigant amount of time in the water driving the boat. By the end of the weekend she was comfortable at about 80mph. 100mph pass up to Topock did not go over so well. I got put on speed restriction for a few hours...ha ha ha! I think with a few more trips in some decent water and her comfort level will go up. Saw the new Cobra 26c and she really liked the look, so ya never know........Saw a f29/ blue white for sale for 150, nice boat-seems cheap? Small motors maybe?

blown dough
    good to hear. we have the headsets in our boat so he can hear me nice and clear yelling at him when he is going to fast. Then he yanks my cord :cry:

catman-do
    Check out the 27 Ultra.... I had a hard time in convincing my lady on a cat also. She wanted to have the headroom and cabin space of a vhull. But who the hell is really going to sleep on a boat when its 110 outside??? If youve got the money for a 100k cat then spend the extra 80 a night for a hotel. Anyways, our Ultra has plenty of head room in the mid cuddy, and feel solid as a rock when chop comes up. Comming from two vhulls and having the first cat she now agrees that we will never go back to a vhull again.

Two K's
    I agree with Inkahntrol. Domn8er has the biggest cabin I have seen in a tunnel and is also one of the nicest looking cats. Definitely check them out before you buy anything. Well built too!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456