Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: porposing tunnel

WOODY
    Originally posted by HavasuBarney:
    I think I know the boat, true tunnel, no center sponson.
    How heavy is the boat?
    What kind of top end do you have and at what RPM?
    Full interior, if so, can you move your back seat back?
    You want all the weight in the rear, move everything you can to the back or get rid on any extra weight up front.
    Motor needs to be around 3 inches above the sponsons, start there but you want to raise it until the boat starts getting loose. Raise it in 1/2 inch increments until it gets real loose on the top end, then drop it 1/2 inch.
    I would think a 26 chopper for a heavier boat,
    cleaver if it's light.
    Next I would increase the amount of setback, go to 12 inches or so, that will leverage your bow up better. It is a matter of finding balance.
    I have a 21ft Daytona copy, running 18 inches with a 3.0 300hp Mariner. Have a very good friend with your same boat, he is running 12inches back, 3 inches above sponsons.
    Thanks HavasuBarney for the info.
    It does have a steped center sponson though.
    12" setback and the 7" jack will put the prop in the middle of the sponsons.
    Why would starcraft place the outboard so forward of the outer sponsons?
    The will run 90ish 30 chopper 6500 k, but what a chore to get it there. It's a starcraft cps by ART CARLSON very small cockpit long nose and can't move things around.

HavasuBarney
    If you have a center sponson, keep your prop shaft level with or just below the bottom of the center sponson.
    Why don't you email me a picture, I was thinking of a different boat all together.
    havasubarney@hotmail.com

WOODY
    Originally posted by HavasuBarney:
    I think I know the boat, true tunnel, no center sponson.
    How heavy is the boat?
    What kind of top end do you have and at what RPM?
    Full interior, if so, can you move your back seat back?
    You want all the weight in the rear, move everything you can to the back or get rid on any extra weight up front.
    Motor needs to be around 3 inches above the sponsons, start there but you want to raise it until the boat starts getting loose. Raise it in 1/2 inch increments until it gets real loose on the top end, then drop it 1/2 inch.
    I would think a 26 chopper for a heavier boat,
    cleaver if it's light.
    Next I would increase the amount of setback, go to 12 inches or so, that will leverage your bow up better. It is a matter of finding balance.
    I have a 21ft Daytona copy, running 18 inches with a 3.0 300hp Mariner. Have a very good friend with your same boat, he is running 12inches back, 3 inches above sponsons.
    Great advice HavasuBarney.
    I tried raising the Outboard little at a time
    till it felt loose,then pick up speed & raise it again. This worked great, no more porpoise.Thanks.
    woody

froggystyle
    Damn. Eggbeater knowledge is good for something Barney! I'm impressed. I think this event means you have hereby earned your diploma, and have accumulated enough "cool points" to now own a jet boat!
    Just remember, Chicks dig hot tubs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12