Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Raylar

Mandelon
    KC, I noticed you'd been awful quiet about the Raylar situation. I didn't see you out on the water much this year either. What did they promise to do and not do????
    Oh by the way, the Lavey still runs great!

Raylar
    KC:
    Your stock motor did not blow up from our Raylar kit, and I have your stock block, untouched in my warehouse to prove it! Your stock 496 broke a piston #1 to be exact and #2 piston is cracked but still whole in the block to prove that. Many 496's around the world have had some piston issues and their have been quite a few failures in both trucks and marine 496's. Just ask Blane what happend to one of his brand new 496's in his new boat and look in aarrons shop a a couple of stock 496's that have broken pistons, then call Mercury and see if they will tell you how many they have replaced on Warranty! We were just unfortunate enough to have our Raylar kit on your motor when it broke, but I can guaranty it would have let go with or without the kit. You somehow have forgotten to mention in your thread that because AArron and I felt so bad for your dilema that I built you a new complete forged internal 600HP capable short block in two weeks at my COST!, supplied a new set of cylinder heads, camshaft, lifters, pushrods, rockers and gaskets at no charge!! and Aarron donated his entire labor to remove and replace your motors including on the water testing and tuning. Lets really consider how your summer could have been wasted by another shop or manufacturer who would have told you tough, your motor failed! As it was you were back on the water in three weeks and have been using your boat ever since. Ruined your summer??
    You wanted the 600HP motor but you apparently did not have the budget and I understand that to complete your 600HP system with headers, fuel system requirements and other parts. And you and I talked and we decided you should put the 525HP cam back in to improve your low rpm performance. The cam has been at Aarrons shop for two week, NO Charge!!
    I guess Abe Lincoln said it best, "you can please most people most of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time"!
    KC, you seem to be one of those people! Sorry I tried to Help!
    Ray @ Raylar

FASTERDAMITT
    Sounds like pretty good customer service to me. Most builders would not warranty your old short block.

KineticoH20
    KC:
    Your stock motor did not blow up from our Raylar kit, and I have your stock block, untouched in my warehouse to prove it! Your stock 496 broke a piston #1 to be exact and #2 piston is cracked but still whole in the block to prove that. Many 496's around the world have had some piston issues and their have been quite a few failures in both trucks and marine 496's. Just ask Blane what happend to one of his brand new 496's in his new boat and look in aarrons shop a a couple of stock 496's that have broken pistons, then call Mercury and see if they will tell you how many they have replaced on Warranty! We were just unfortunate enough to have our Raylar kit on your motor when it broke, but I can guaranty it would have let go with or without the kit. You somehow have forgotten to mention in your thread that because AArron and I felt so bad for your dilema that I built you a new complete forged internal 600HP capable short block in two weeks at my COST!, supplied a new set of cylinder heads, camshaft, lifters, pushrods, rockers and gaskets at no charge!! and Aarron donated his entire labor to remove and replace your motors including on the water testing and tuning. Lets really consider how your summer could have been wasted by another shop or manufacturer who would have told you tough, your motor failed! As it was you were back on the water in three weeks and have been using your boat ever since. Ruined your summer??
    You wanted the 600HP motor but you apparently did not have the budget and I understand that to complete your 600HP system with headers, fuel system requirements and other parts. And you and I talked and we decided you should put the 525HP cam back in to improve your low rpm performance. The cam has been at Aarrons shop for two week, NO Charge!!
    I guess Abe Lincoln said it best, "you can please most people most of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time"!
    Ray @ Raylar
    My God! why in the hell would someone write that thread in that tone, when it looks like Ralar went way over the call of duty to repair it! you guys can have my business anytime!

shadow
    Sounds like pretty good customer service to me. Most builders would not warranty your old short block.
    Not to mention,You can pick up the phone and deal directly with Ray or Larry.
    Rather than take your boat to a certified dealer and get 3rd hand info passed on from the shop to the customer service rep back to the shop to you.
    Raylar has had a few small issues but up to this point they have stood behind thier product 100%.

rvrhlic
    KC, I noticed you'd been awful quiet about the Raylar situation. I didn't see you out on the water much this year either. What did they promise to do and not do????
    Oh by the way, the Lavey still runs great!
    Glad to hear the Lavey is running great, I miss that boat sometimes.
    I missed a lot of the boated season becasue every time I took my boat out it did not run right. Alarms.. can't get out of the hole... etc. It became a joke by the end of the year.
    As far aas being promised, I was promised and engine I would love. From the first time I ran the Raylar engine I had problems. There were ECM issues, then the boat can't get out of the hole, then alarms on the top end. It got the point where i didn;t even want to go to the river because I didn't want to find something else. The last think Raylar promised is to provide me with the 525hp camshaft and swap out the 600hp shaft. Well... I have been told 3 times by Raylar it is on it's way or it is at Absolute... still not there.
    I have given up.... I am taking my boat to Az Speed and Marine or Boost power to take it to someone who can get the ECM dialed in correctly and swap out the camshaft and do some other work.
    I did not say anything because I thought they were going to step up. I now know they will do nothing for me so I thought I would tell my story, jeez..... I have only been having issues since May....
    Anyway, it will get taken care of and I will see you out there next year.

rvrhlic
    KC:
    Ray @ Raylar
    -- Smthopr8tr
    I am sorry if I am taking an negative tone you just cannot understand how frustrating this has been. Raylar has made the apperances of stepping up, that I will give them. I did not expect my short block to be covered bya warranty at all. It was offered to my before I asked for anything I was actually still in shock getting the call telling me my engine had blown. I did pay for the new block, pistons, etc.). However, when after we agreed on the price and what motor I would get, I was promised something, I expect that to be delivered. It is like anything if you are getting work done on your house and you are promised something you expect it to be done.
    --Raylar,
    Raylar NEVER said anything about the throttle body, fuel system and anything else that was needed to complete the engine. As far as my budget goes, you never knew what my budget was so that is just another one of your "stories" I have been hearing all summer.
    You can take Aaron out of anything you say to me, I think Aaron is great and will use him for all my boating service going forward. If nothing else, this whole experience has gotten me to be friends with Aaron, Cheryl and Brian at Absolute. They have truly gone above and beyond for me.
    I gave Raylar more than enough time to get my motor working correctly, all I ever got was excuses (drill holes in your prop, someone else installed the camshaft wrong, the ECM doesn’t need to be reprogrammed, etc, etc.). Do you really think I am one of those A holes, I waited 6 months to say something to others hoping you would get things right.
    Yes, when you talk or post you do have all the answers. It is one of the problems with businesses today, Raylar over promises and under delivers. Seems like it is random and some people just have bad experiences with manufactures (some people think Magic’s customer service stinks however they have been great to me) and maybe I an just unlucky in this one.
    -- Shadow,
    I know you have had a good expierence with the product and that is great. I know we have tlaked about this before so... i knwo you don't even need to hear it.

Raylar
    KC (riverholic)
    I am not going to keep explaining my companies excellent response. You keep making statements that are not true and you seem to have a selective memory. 1. Your stock motor did not blow up because of the addtion of the Raylar kit. 2. I certainly did discuss with you the need to upgrade your fuel system, oil cooler system, exhaust system and throttle body if you wanted to have the 600HP the motor is very capable of delivering. 3.Every boat that increases its power levels needs careful prop work or changes to dial in the boat. Your frustration is caused by the fact that you "want your cake and eat it too". 4. Your summer has been "ruined" You have been using your boat ever since the motor was installed. I understood your budget issue and thats why I agreed to send you a "no charge" 525HP cam so you could improve the low speed performance of your 28 foot deck boat without upgrading all those systems. Kc, you just need to remember, you chose the motor HP type and I could have supplied either at the same "my cost" as I did along with all the no charge parts and labor! Quit yer bitch'en and change the cam (no charge) and stop trying to make Raylar a "no equity" partner in your boat!
    Ray @ Raylar

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314