Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Big HP longevity

Infomaniac
    I will soon be building a 10-71 blown 540 for a guy.
    I'm In
    [ November 13, 2002, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Schiada76
    Test and tune on Parker Strip in January.
    Full tilt in March/April after break in. eek!

slowpoke
    BradP You are correct. This duet of 1050 dominators are destined to sit atop your 871. You will need them.

77charger
    Stix818:
    UNCHAINED, I have to defend against smaller speed shops because my old man runs one. He specializes in marine engines and we may not have a dyno to test them but we have a river to run them on to verify that everything is straight before we turn the boat or motor over to the owner. He has an excellent reputation in his area for building reliable and hard running motors.that is the best dyno you get the real deal not a print out.Its not a paper race but a real race when it matters most.

GasTurbine
    We currently have 950 hours on our stock 1350 hp plant, and still running great. And most of those hours were at WOT.
    Lycomming Linear Longevity!!

GasTurbine
    twistedpair:
    [/qb]Cryo Pal Cryo
    Crank and rods Cryod Titanium valves
    everything on the cutting edge!
    [/b][/QUOTE]
    I've been curious about cryo-hardening for marine apps. A friend of mine used to race Karts and he cryo'd damn near everything, even spark plugs. This was a few years ago, but it does'nt seem like I hear too much about it anymore. Are many builders freezing their stuff these days?[/QB][/QUOTE]
    Hey Twisted!
    My "day job" is a tel-tech too...glad to meet 'cha!
    Do you work at Washington U? I work at The Ohio State University...home of the undefeated (12-0) Buckeyes!
    Anyway, just wanted to say hey, and ask, what make is your ride...it looks good.
    L8r...

Liberator TJ1984
    Cryo Treating..??? I got acess to all the liquid N2 I could ever use ...What do you do ??Fill a drum up w/Liquid N2 and just drop the parts in till they freeze ,,or is there a technical approach to this ??? eek! eek!

Sangster
    Our motors are torn down after every season & inspected & new bearings installed.....along with anything else that looks worn... wink wink Ones a 427ci BBC & 482ci BBC There put together right & with the good stuff...
    [ November 21, 2002, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345