Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ok guys need thoughts

boater012
    I now have those 455 headers for sale. let me know if you still need them. he needs the $$$$$ to repower his boat! I can ship them via fedex or ups just let me know! pm me for contact info and you can call me to get pics or discuss anything else you might need! I have several new 455 parts with less than 10 hours on them!

stompnstang
    i sent you a pm
    \\\
    and no input on what boards i use???

boater012
    Go to a local lumber supply house (not home depot) And get your self some clean cedar or some clean doug fir to use for the stringers. The knot holes make the wood weaker (in my opinion as im sure others will disagree). I personally perforate the sides of my stringers when I replace them, with lots of tiny holes 1/4 inch bit 1/4 deep. Then I soak them with west sytems epoxy mixed 50/50 with mek (slow drying acetone) to make then stronger.(after cutting them to fit of course.) NO matter how much water gets on that wood after that they will NEVER rot. I always drill the holes in the stringers for the engine and I drill them oversize enough to fit a small piece of stainless tubing. I epoxy the tubing to the stringers and clean the hole for the bolt through the stainless with the proper drill bit once it dries thouroghly.
    I know this is all overkill when it comes to stringers but I don't want my own boats or my customers boats to EVER have a stringer problem again!
    I hope this helps sir!
    Now commence with picking my way of doing it apart everyone!! :crossx:

stompnstang
    thanx steel i am going with a friend that happens to need to get some hard wood for a prject on his honey do list so i guess we will kill two birds at once that way.
    ok next question for yall
    several poeple said since i am working on the bottom of the boat to use stuff
    speed coat or speed gell and i went to the marina and to the local paint shop and they both looked at me like i was dumb so is someone just being a smart ass or is there a place to order it online..and is it a fianl coat or something to be painted over i had some more work to doto the bottom so i have a week or so before i flip it bask up to start the inside.

boater012
    thanx steel i am going with a friend that happens to need to get some hard wood for a prject on his honey do list so i guess we will kill two birds at once that way.
    ok next question for yall
    several poeple said since i am working on the bottom of the boat to use stuff
    speed coat or speed gell and i went to the marina and to the local paint shop and they both looked at me like i was dumb so is someone just being a smart ass or is there a place to order it online..and is it a fianl coat or something to be painted over i had some more work to doto the bottom so i have a week or so before i flip it bask up to start the inside.
    Speedcoat can be bought online. How fast do you plan on making the boat????

stompnstang
    boater i had steels name in my head for some reason not yours so thanx for the help and i was told the boat was good for hi 60's but i dont see why i cant push a boat that small to low to mid 70s with the same olds set up as i had before and a 200 shot of spray.. then again i will more then likely finsh this boat and turn around and sell it to buy another 19 or 20 foot would love to talk the friend out of his sanger fork butttt been afew years and still wont come off of it even though it just sits in his shop taking up space

stompnstang
    ok the speed caot is not what i was thinking it was i thought it was a gel or paint not a dust. anyhow i got the wood and ready to get the inside going WOW 195 bucks for the two boards i hope they last.
    ok next dumb question as you can see on the bowl its a one piece so how would one put a droop on it or do i need to get a two peice style and go from there and well they match up or have to change out the whole pump

stompnstang
    i got the bowl question answered.

stompnstang
    ok guys need help on what way to go here
    should i build one 22-25 gallon under the rear seat that goes full width orrr twin saddles on each side and take up room i could use for other stuff??
    i just can make up my mind on what to do and this is my first build have always had turn key boats fuel and go

stompnstang
    no one has a thought on that????

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234