Thread: bravo one help

axkiker
    Ok I have a question for you experts out there. The gimbal bearing in my bravo one was shot so this past weekend I replaced it. Looks like there had been a little water in there but all the bellows were in great shape. I tightened everything down hopeing one of the clamps had come loose and took it out to the lake. Everything sounded MUCH better but I still get a weird clicking or grinding noice when I turn to the far right or left with the drive all the way down. If I raise it slightly I can turn completly each way. the only thing I can think of is that the U joints are bad but when I inspected them they seemed to be ok. they were a little rusty but moved freely and didnt seem to be bad. Do you all think its the u joints or anything else that can cause it. I just want to make sure this is the last time I take this thing apart.
    thanks

TilliamWe
    If you had water in there and it ruined the gimbal, I'll guess the ujoints are bad too. You really need to identify the source of the water. Or you'll be doing this all again, soon. :cry:

paradigm shift
    If the bearing fit tight in gimble it is probably OK. Sounds like U joints to me also. I also agree it MUST be dry inside or your going to have trouble sooner then later. Use mercury sealer on bellows, I would not depend on just the clamps. Could have a small tear or hole in bellows.
    Good luck. Just my .02

axkiker
    Yeah I agree with all of you. The first thing I thought was that the bellows were bad. However once I had everything apart They looked fine. Not a crack or hole anywhere. They seemed to be in good shape. So im kinda at a loss where the water would have come from. Im going to set it in the water again so it can soak. Then ill pull it to change the u joints and if I see water I know i have something f'd